• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Big win, needed that one. Now let's just go take this thing in Philly. Need postseason Charlie and a few innings from Strider.

That net call seemed like bs but glad it didn't matter.

Big win, needed that one. Now let's just go take this thing in Philly. Need postseason Charlie and a few innings from Strider.

That net call seemed like bs but glad it didn't matter.
My gut says Morton starts on Friday but I’m hoping Strider is ready to rock.

I see game times listed for the rest of the series. Are those subject to change if other series are over? If only one series is still going on Sunday will it move to a prime time slot? Might depend on the tv station and other programming.

I think you pitch Strider Friday. He carries more risk than Charlie coming off an injury and zero postseason starts. Winning today means you can pitch him in a non-elimination game. Assuming he's going to start one of the two, I'd give him the first and lean on Charlie's experience if Game 4 is a must-win.

I see game times listed for the rest of the series. Are those subject to change if other series are over? If only one series is still going on Sunday will it move to a prime time slot? Might depend on the tv station and other programming.
I was wondering this as well. Usually they say Tentative or something but I haven’t seen that on any of them.

A potential game 5 for the Astros was announced as 5:07 or 7:07, but I haven’t seen any alternate times for any Braves games.

Strider's last outing was September 18 (26 days ago) against the Phils: 6 IP 1 H 3 BB 10Ks (he got the win).

On the season, Strider is 3-0 against the Phillies: 15.3 IP 4 H 2ER 6 BB 28Ks 1.17 ERA 0.65 WHIP. Domination. Will be interesting to see how Strider pitches after 1 week lay-off.

He’ll probably throw 4 walks in with his 12 strikeouts… since he’s rusty…

Ahhh so good to have Strider back. Good start. Now let's get some runs.

He looks great. Let’s hope this “3 inning” thing is just the press trying to guess.

Bruce Sutter died. Can't remember which years he was a brave but maybe 92 or so?

Back