• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

If I was a Cardinals fan, I would be shitting bricks right about now.

2019 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Back to back

After Donaldson, catcher should be top priority this offseason.

Leaving the bases loaded twice. That’s all I have to say about this game going into the ninth.

Not scoring on a leadoff triple was worse...

Throwing a fastball on the outer part of the plate to Molina with the game on the line is not recommended. He will shoot a hit to RF more often than not. Learned from experience.

Throwing a pitch over the plate to Molina with the game on the line is risky as well. The guy is clutch. Learned from experience as well.

The Braves manager blew this game. Yadi is one of the most clutch players in baseball. He swings at 48% of first pitches. In the eighth, they didn't think about wasting that pitch. So, he plopped in for the game tying run. In the tenths, there was a guy on third for Yadi. Of course, they didn't waste a pitch. And of course, he hit a SF to win the game.

In what world would you give Yadi a pitch to hit on a first pitch?

Julio Teheran has been incredibly Rocky early on in his starts. Leaving him for the bottom of the 10th was an ill advised move.

Julio Teheran has been incredibly Rocky early on in his starts. Leaving him for the bottom of the 10th was an ill advised move.

Only had one pitcher left in the bullpen. If you pull Teheran there and Melancon gets out of it you have to score in the top of the inning or the games basically over, because Mark isnt going 2 2/3 innings. Smarter play would have been Melancon in the tenth to get goldy and ozuna, then teheran till the game ends.

The Braves manager blew this game. Yadi is one of the most clutch players in baseball. He swings at 48% of first pitches. In the eighth, they didn't think about wasting that pitch. So, he plopped in for the game tying run. In the tenths, there was a guy on third for Yadi. Of course, they didn't waste a pitch. And of course, he hit a SF to win the game.

In what world would you give Yadi a pitch to hit on a first pitch?

Maybe not by the stats but I said just put him on. Make someone else beat you.

It's only fitting that this series goes 5 games. As someone on the world-wide leader said this morning, either team could have swept it in 3.

Maybe not by the stats but I said just put him on. Make someone else beat you.

That's not done much any more. But I wouldn't disagree with putting a future Hall of Famer on base to face someone else.

Back