• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Ah. Makes sense. Need to get back to Nicky Two Bags and not Nicky Crucial Strike Out/GIDP. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

I think watching how the Braves handle pitching in the postseason will be interesting. Fried and Anderson will obviously both be starters. Hamels should be unless he just gets destroyed in his two starts before the playoffs. For the three game series, that is all that we need, but beyond that things may get tricky. I think you have to give Folty another shot somewhere in the next 12 games to just see what's going on there, but otherwise I'd think it will be Wright on a very short leash and heavy bullpen usage.

If Fried doesn't get velocity back coming off the IL, Hamels looks bad, or Anderson hits a rookie wall, this season will end painfully. If all three pitch well, I think the Braves have a real chance to make noise in the playoffs if the bats are hot and the bullpen pitches well.

Braves are 28th (only DET and BOS are worse) in average number of innings per start. They also in the bottom 10 in quality starts (Fried has almost half of them).

Braves are 28th (only DET and BOS are worse) in average number of innings per start. They also in the bottom 10 in quality starts (Fried has almost half of them).

Braves have received three innings or fewer from a starter in 13 of 48 games. To put that in perspective, they received 15 such starts over 486 games from 1997-99. Granted that was with 3 HOF pitchers, but still.

Its crazy how good this team SHOULD have been with a healthy Soroka, Fried, Anderson, Hamels and a non-shitshow Folty.

Throw sinker, curve, split. Get rid of slider. Throw 4 seamer less. Either way, Touki isn’t going to amount to much.

I don’t think there’s really any telling at this point. Do we bring back Hamels? Will Wright have it figured out? When does Soroka come back? Any of the other young guys have it figured out yet?

At this point it’s just Fried and Anderson.

So Hamels out for the year and the Braves won't re-sign him - how much did they pay for that 3 and 1/3 innings?

So Hamels out for the year and the Braves won't re-sign him - how much did they pay for that 3 and 1/3 innings?

18 million dollars or s little under 6 million an inning. Pro athletes maybe slightly overpaid.

His salary was pro-rated so I think it was $128K per pitch.

Considering Teheran has -0.9 WAR for the Angels with a 9.49 ERA in 30.1 IP, declining his option to pay Hamels was somehow still the correct decision.

Looks like we will win the division tonight. Crazy considering the revolving door at starters 2-5.

But but but Snitker isn’t a good manager with 3 NL East titles in how many years as manager

Back