• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

Fox still has money left after Brady? And he'd want to be his understudy once he joins up? Dunno about that one.

Dude was pretty shit on TV, same standard boring analysis and he hardly said anything during the Raiders-Bengals playoff game he got to call. Think it's time for him to attempt to exploit his gridiron success into something else, or just see if he can keep his career going as long as possible

After seeing Brady and Stafford, and Peyton Manning before them, plug in and immediately win on ready-now teams, why the fuck would Brees even consider the Panthers for a last year or two? Even if Tepper throws a boatload of cash at Sean Peyton to lure him in, the team is still several years away.

Plus Tepper would have to build a dome over BofA in the next couple of months for Brees to be effective

Tepper will publicly kick the wheels and not do shit.

As usual

It would take a wholesale Saint's-style rearrangement of salaries to fit Brees in under the cap. It's not happening.

There's no way Brees has anything left in the tank. Hard pass (pun intended)

I’m getting tired of all this hemming and hawing about bringing in new QBs. There’s this Brees stuff. I saw a report that they’re talking to Cam again.

Right now there are three QBs, a bad veteran starter with one year left on his contract, a veteran backup who isn’t a starter but may be a solid long term backup, and a rookie who could be the future but probably shouldn’t play yet. Just roll with that and decide whether to put 2 or 3 QBs in the 55 man roster.

There's no way Brees has anything left in the tank. Hard pass (pun intended)

This. Brees had no arm strength by the end of his last couple of years. He was just having fun on Twitter.

Awaken, good piece on Corral. I do think he'll be the starter before the end of this year.

I honestly think we have to start corral by game 5-6. Let him get a good 10 games in. See what we have, and even more importantly that will show us more of what we need next draft. Because let's be real, nothing matters until after next draft for us most likely.

I know these things are meaningless but

ESPN has Panthers dead last in league after draft. Woof

This team has some good young players but there are no veterans of note except maybe on the OL and CMC. Does anybody outside of Charlotte care about Shaq?

Don't sleep on Darnold.

Yeah, 52 picks and 29 total fumbles in 4 years shouldn't scare anyone off. He hasn't had a single year where he's had more TDs than fumbles and picks. And he's dumber than a box of rocks, which probably adds to his TO issues. Corral is much better athlete as well.

CDeac, I don't think Carolina will have a good year, especially considering Rhule is the coach, but there are worse rosters in the league - like Jax, Hou, Atl, NYJ (although I really liked their draft), NYG, Atl and maybe Sea if they don't add Mayfield at QB. I think Atl has the worst roster this year but will be in better shape next year because they likely have a top 2 pick, they get Ridley back and will have a ton of cap room after being in cap jail this year.

Charlotte FC second to last in the league in player salary. Will be dead last once the two players RSL has already signed show up this Summer.

Most expensive season ticket in the league.

This Tepper guy fucks though, nothing to worry about.

FS-nQC6X0AAzrVi

I honestly think we have to start corral by game 5-6. Let him get a good 10 games in. See what we have, and even more importantly that will show us more of what we need next draft. Because let's be real, nothing matters until after next draft for us most likely.

no doubt

with Rhule's refusal to really play brady at LT until late in the season or deonte brown at all... i worry that we won't see much corral unless he's absolutely lighting it up in practice

This team has some good young players but there are no veterans of note except maybe on the OL and CMC. Does anybody outside of Charlotte care about Shaq?

i dunno - i think we can have a top 5 defense

Back