• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 NASCAR Season Thread

I also tried, but didn't get through. He had access to 4 tix, 24k total tix up for grabs. We paid $340 for the entire weekend. IMO, worth it for the experience.
That’s not terrible. Any tips on how to access those 24k tickets?
(btw I am lionofyhwh on Reddit who was interacting with you on r/CFB haha)

General tix go on sale next Wednesday the 2nd. Not sure of the exact time, but if it's like anything else associated with the event, the system will be overloaded and people will bitch. It will most likely be a crapshoot.

General tix go on sale next Wednesday the 2nd. Not sure of the exact time, but if it's like anything else associated with the event, the system will be overloaded and people will bitch. It will most likely be a crapshoot.
I’ll give it a shot!

(btw I am lionofyhwh on Reddit who was interacting with you on r/CFB haha)
Just saw the second part of this. Stop by for the Syracuse game. I'll be missing the UNC game.

Tix go on sale Nov 2nd at 12 noon. Each of the 1k charity folks had access to 4 tix each, so there are 20k up for grabs. I anticipate it selling out by 12:02pm. There are infield general admission tix that are $99 apiece too.

Just saw the second part of this. Stop by for the Syracuse game. I'll be missing the UNC game.

Tix go on sale Nov 2nd at 12 noon. Each of the 1k charity folks had access to 4 tix each, so there are 20k up for grabs. I anticipate it selling out by 12:02pm. There are infield general admission tix that are $99 apiece too.
We’re already making our ticket purchasing plan for Wednesday! Haha
Will do! We’ll be there!

Crazy day at the Ville today. BK DQ'd for failing weight rule and of course Ross' shenanigans. Next week should be interesting.

Guess I’m rooting for Ross next week. Don’t want to see Chase or Logano win another one. Bell is not deserving in my mind. Happy that Hamlin doesn’t have a shot though.

Wasn't impressed with Larson's hypocritical comments about Ross' move. Wasn't a fan of Kyle to begin with, so I wouldn't expect anything less.

Wasn't impressed with Larson's hypocritical comments about Ross' move. Wasn't a fan of Kyle to begin with, so I wouldn't expect anything less.
Yeah. Obviously doesn’t remember Darlington last year.

Went to my first race in 16 years yesterday. It was a ton of fun. I didn’t really have a rooting interest going in, but found myself rooting for Bell by the second stage. Really cool ending to see live.

I thought the move by Ross was superb and took some guts. It's exactly what Nascar needed. That's a perfect track for that race going into the final four. I didn't like Larson's comments either.

Sort of a novice question here, but why does Chastain's car go so much faster when he rides the fence like that?
In layman's terms, he held the throttle wide open and used the wall as a railing to navigate the apex of the turn, whereas other drivers had to brake to prevent their cars from sliding up the track and crashing into the wall.

He used the wall in the same fashion as a banked turn allows for faster sustained speeds than a flat turn. He rode the wall at such a soft angle that the friction didn't scrub off very much speed. Most crashes are direct and scrub off a large amount of speed at one time.

In layman's terms, he held the throttle wide open and used the wall as a railing to navigate the apex of the turn, whereas other drivers had to brake to prevent their cars from sliding up the track and crashing into the wall.

He used the wall in the same fashion as a banked turn allows for faster sustained speeds than a flat turn. He rode the wall at such a soft angle that the friction didn't scrub off very much speed. Most crashes are direct and scrub off a large amount of speed at one time.

Great explanation - thanks. Also curious why neither right side tire blew - shouldn't that rub them to nothing?

I'm not a NASCAR fan at all. But I have watched the video of that ending 50 times. I am obsessed with it.

What did Ty Gibbs and Larson say that you guys are referring to?

I'm not a NASCAR fan at all. But I have watched the video of that ending 50 times. I am obsessed with it.

What did Ty Gibbs and Larson say that you guys are referring to?
Gibbs is locked into the final 4 next week to run for the championship. His teammate, Brandon Jones needed a win to get in. Ty dumped his teammate, costing Jones the win and a shot at the championship. Had he won, Joe Gibbs Racing would have had 2 of the four drivers in the final four. As a result, its Ty Gibbs vs 3 drivers from Jr. Motorsports.

Kyle said that Chastain's move was a bad look for the sport, even though he tried the same thing for a win at a previous race in Darlington, except Larson was not successful. He's hypocritical.

This guy's voice is pretty annoying, but it's a recap of some of the crap that Ty Gibbs has pulled this year, including the sound byte of him comparing himself to Jesus at about the 4:40 mark.

Back