• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Women's Basketball Offseason - Grad transfer SMU PG Tamia Jones

I mean I watch some of the game last night and we still commit a lot of turnovers but some very nice passing

The schedule after Clemson on Sunday is very difficult. Going to take a solid run of play to get some wins in that stretch.

Wake, UVA and VT are all on a serious rise this year. UVA has been atrocious ever since Monica Wright graduated and has gone through at least 2 terrible coaches, but a new coach and some transfers have turned things around quickly Will have to go to a few games for the 1st time in at least a decade.

Here is Les’ signing day write up on the recruiting class.

Based on the write-ups and clips, they seem like the next iteration of Spear, Williams, and Harrison except Quimby is a 6-1 wing instead of a 5-9 guard like Williams.

The next step is to bring in some size. There are five seniors. I think all could come back. But if there are some spots, maybe Gebbia could get a transfer big.

I would think Olivia Summiel would be a good candidate for a 5th year, but ultimately the biggest roster question is whether or not Jewel returns for her senior year.

having good shooters seems like a game changer in women's basketball, and we have a nice group coming in here.

I would think Olivia Summiel would be a good candidate for a 5th year, but ultimately the biggest roster question is whether or not Jewel returns for her senior year.

I feel pretty good about it. She could have transferred to a stronger program during the coaching change and she didn’t. I doubt she’s a WNBA prospect. I’m wondering if she’d stick around for a 5th year.

I think Gebbia would be happy if Summiel and Scruggs stayed. Both are firm rotation players in a set supporting role. But an impact big from the portal would be a program changer.

Hopefully Spear can punish Clemson's aggressive trapping zone.

Down 18-12 at the end of the 1st. Hinds with 4 pts. Spear 0-4.

Huge 2nd quarter for the Deacs to go up 35-28. This is not a great offensive team so a 20+ point quarter is massive. Most points in a quarter vs. a major conference opponent all season. 9-10 from the field.

Shooting 58.3% from the field despite going 2-9 from deep. Summiel with 9 and 4. Spear with 7. Williams hit a 3 to end the half.

Clemson's press helps pull them back to a 35-35 tie with just over 6 min left.

Last edited:
Taking a look at ACC stats as we start the conference season.

PTS Jewel Spear 5th (16.3)
REB Demeara Hinds 13th (6.8)
FT% Jewel Spear 5th (.847)
3PT% Jewel Spear 3rd (.430)
3PT/G Jewel Spear 1st (3.1)
AST Elise Williams 6th (4.1)
AST Kaia Harrison 24th (2.8)
AST/TO Elise Williams 14th (1.3)
BLK Olivia Summer 5th (1.8)
BLK Demeara Hinds 19th (0.9)
MIN Jewel Spear 8th (31.9)
MIN Elise Williams 17th (29.5)
MIN Kaia Harrison 24th (28.6)

The stats fit the eye test. Yes, this is a one-woman show in terms of scoring. Spear is the only player in double-figures. The next highest scorers are Harrison and Williams at 8.7 and 8.6 apiece. But the supporting cast is doing a lot to help.

Wanted to add a stat to put that 2nd quarter and 1st half in context. Wake has the second-lowest FG percentage in the league at .405. That means a Spear 3-pointer (.430) is a much better than all other shots. Spear has the same percentage inside and outside the arc as well. Also, only a few players shoot from 2 than Spear shoots from 3 (Harrison, Hinds, Scruggs, Andrews).

Rough 3rd quarter. 4-15 fg. Down 47-46.

Up 59-58 with 3:19 left. Andrews with a huge 3 pointer and Becker with a nice layup off a Euro with Spear on the bench to get the lead.

Last edited:
This is a great game from a viewers perspective. Really good offensive basketball from both teams. Kaia’s been huge in breaking the press and Liv’s been solid as a distributor from the high post. Really hope we can pull this out.

Watching this and Panthers-Bucs at the same time is taking years off my life though. Just want to keep a good sports stretch going.

Hinds missed two FTs down 60-59. Hinds fouled out.

Got the ball down 60-59 with 22 sec left.

Harrison's layup got blocked right when Darnold fumbled. Heartbreaking.

Summiel misses a 3 and Harrison's layup got blocked. Wake loses 60-59 to fall to 10-5. Williams with 12. Summiel with 11/8/5. Spear only had 7 on 2-13 fg, but every other player had at least 5 points. Tough to lose this game with so many good offensive contributions. Everyone but Spear was 20-35 fg, 5-10 3 pt.

Last edited:
Fuck fuck fuck how’d we not know the play out of the TO

You got to take advantage of those opportunities.

Fuck fuck fuck how’d we not know the play out of the TO
We looked confused coming out of the TO. We should have played for a much quicker shot, but it almost looked like we were holding for the last shot.

We looked confused coming out of the TO. We should have played for a much quicker shot, but it almost looked like we were holding for the last shot.

Definitely holding for the last shot, preferably by Spear.

Definitely holding for the last shot, preferably by Spear.
I thought we looked more confused than anything, but if we were playing for the last shot, that's the wrong move when down 1 point.

I thought we looked more confused than anything, but if we were playing for the last shot, that's the wrong move when down 1 point.

I thought Becker should have taken the wide open 15 footer she had.

Back