• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: wheelin & dealin

Strider now has single season record for strikeouts and Acuna has reached for steals. Atmosphere is amazing here tonight.

Another note is front office sent out invites to season ticket holders for open practices which will be intrasquad scrimmages tue-thur. More more for Battery-Brilliant!

One of the top offenses of all time needs to show the fuck up tomorrow and pound Ranger. And Murphy better be starting.

Kind of intrigued by the idea to use Hand as an opener in game 3.

One of the top offenses of all time needs to show the fuck up tomorrow and pound Ranger. And Murphy better be starting.

Agree with the first part but both Murphy and Travis have SUCKED for 3 months now. I suppose Murphy is better on defense though.

Brad Hand? In Philly? I know the Phils are stacked with lefties at the top of the lineup, but yikes. When Hand gives up less than 2 runs in an inning, it seems miraculous.

I do not think it is predictive at all but Travis was one of the few bats who showed up last postseason. I think Murphy will find his swing.

What would you do as manager in game 3, Pilchard, without knowing the outcome of games 1 and 2? Just plan to use Wright/Elder/AJSS for bulk innings? I mean I would rather open with Minter but the team doesn't have another reliable late-inning lefty this year.

What would you do as manager in game 3, Pilchard, without knowing the outcome of games 1 and 2? Just plan to use Wright/Elder/AJSS for bulk innings? I mean I would rather open with Minter but the team doesn't have another reliable late-inning lefty this year.
If they go with him, I'm sure the Braves analytics department ran all of the permutations and came up with Hand as the best option.

It makes sense from the lefty v. lefty perspective, but living in DC, I have watched Brad Hand toil for more than a decade for the Marlins, Padres, Nats, Mets, Rockies and now Braves. From my amateur eyes, Hand always looks like he is throwing batting practice, and his stuff is regressing. The thought of him starting a playoff game in Philly, against that lineup, and in front of that lubed up crowd is frightening.

No sport has more unexpected results than baseball; so, maybe Hand throws three perfect innings. That night, the Braves may be the first team to have two guys warming in the bullpen before their starter throws his first pitch. Pitching injuries have made the Braves mortal.

Love that. Strikeout guy the Phillies have never seen, more experience for Grissom in the playoffs after what was clearly a bummer of a year missing out on playing short.

Chavez looked terrible coming back from his injury, and Wright is clearly not himself yet either. Would much rather go with the unknown considering it'll be light usage probably anyway.

Back