• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: wheelin & dealin

Also, the Braves announced that Strider is starting tomorrow regardless of the outcome of today's game.

TdA again today. I guess the Braves decided the Sean Murphy from a few months ago isn’t coming back for one reason or another.

Not sure if it matters what they're feeling about Murphy - you don't bench Travis after being the one huge disrupter of Wheeler with that dinger. He changed the series. I'm sure Murphy gets the Strider start unless Travis cranks another one tonight.

Murphy’s defensive upgrade is negligible to me. The Phils are going to get their steals no matter what. Travis’ bat is more trustworthy.

I personally think that the upgrade from TdA's defense to Murphy's is enough to be worth the decreased odds of a HR or big extra base hit, but I understand why TdA is starting

Murphy’s defensive upgrade is negligible to me. The Phils are going to get their steals no matter what. Travis’ bat is more trustworthy.
Is Murphy going to throw the ball into CF like Travis did on Monday?

I personally think that the upgrade from TdA's defense to Murphy's is enough to be worth the decreased odds of a HR or big extra base hit, but I understand why TdA is starting
I mean, if Murphy played game 2 we'd be facing elimination in all likelihood.

Bryce Elder appears to have brought his A game.

Have you noticed there is an off day before every game? You don’t have to pitch your worst relievers.

One of the Braves podcasts I listen to made the point the Phillies are built for October with their top heavy rotation and lineup. Indeed, they've been the better team by far for 22 of the 24 innings in this series. Very little hope to turn this thing around at this point. The bats have just fallen off a cliff. Basically need a 7 inning, 2 hit, 10 K performance from Strider tomorrow to get this thing back to ATL.

I am a huge Snit defender but this is on him. Elder probably shouldn’t have even started through the lineup a second time. He definitely shouldn’t have faced Harper. And you definitely don’t bring in Tonkin there. But the biggest mistake is that you have to have someone warm and ready to go in at all times. The Phillies have had people ready basically the whole game.

Back