• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Wake Football Spring Game Thread (2 PM Saturday on ACCNX)

deacdixieboy

Reaction score
Game at 2 on Saturday. I’m pretty sure it was originally on ACCN but now looks to be on ACCNX.

I don't recall ever seeing that it was going to be on ACCN. Pretty sure last year's "let's put everybody's spring game on TV" approach failed miserably and pissed off coaches, which is why so few of them are on the network this year.

But yes, Wake's spring game is 2 on Saturday. Weather looks great once we get through tomorrow.

How did that approach fail?

How did you find out ACCN ratings?

Did coaches hate it because it forced them into a time slot?

Can't remember if it was somebody at ACCN or just in media who was talking ratings.

Yes on time slot.

That makes sense.

I hope the Spring "season" idea takes off.

I don't recall ever seeing that it was going to be on ACCN. Pretty sure last year's "let's put everybody's spring game on TV" approach failed miserably and pissed off coaches, which is why so few of them are on the network this year.

But yes, Wake's spring game is 2 on Saturday. Weather looks great once we get through tomorrow.
I vaguely recall them showing WF as ACCN and UVA as ACCNX when advertising spring games on ACCN at some point but I could easily be mistaken or that graphic could have just been wrong.

I vaguely recall them showing WF as ACCN and UVA as ACCNX when advertising spring games on ACCN at some point but I could easily be mistaken or that graphic could have just been wrong.
I remember ACCN too but it doesn't really matter.

If it was on ACCN, there’s about an 85% chance the graphic was wrong. Nearly every graphic with a stat or record has at least one thing wrong on it during baseball broadcasts (actual ACCN broadcasts, as well as ACCNX).

If it was on ACCN, there’s about an 85% chance the graphic was wrong. Nearly every graphic with a stat or record has at least one thing wrong on it during baseball broadcasts (actual ACCN broadcasts, as well as ACCNX).
Yep. I’m sure I saw it advertised during a baseball game or ACC PM.

I realized this morning that I haven’t read anything about Spring practice, position battles, etc. I guess I’ll check Les’ write ups today.

I realized this morning that I haven’t read anything about Spring practice, position battles, etc. I guess I’ll check Les’ write ups today.
You’re too into baseball and forgot about football!

Mike Glennon on the call?

Oh joy. We get Mike Glennon who hates us before the game even begins.

Back