• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

Baseball rankings, especially this early, are completely arbitrary. More importantly, they were 8-4 and we were 12-1 playing at home when the series started.

disappointing we lost the series of course but overall it’s reassuring we were so competitive against a top 10 team, esp our pitching (granted, FSUs offense might not be great this year). this was the first time some of our young guys faced top flight pitching, you’ve got to hope they will get used to it. also i think costello was sorely missed as a steady righty bat.

True, that. Can’t believe they lost 2 of 3 against the #8 team in the nation.

A #8 who doesn't have the pitching depth to beat midweekers Stetson, Jacksonville, and Mercer...

Didn't they start ranked last year and ended up like 30-20 or something....yeah, the first series again last year, where we won 2-1.

I got season tickets again and currently, I still have more hope than dread, but check back in about 3 more ACC series...

A #8 who doesn't have the pitching depth to beat midweekers Stetson, Jacksonville, and Mercer...

Didn't they start ranked last year and ended up like 30-20 or something....yeah, the first series again last year, where we won 2-1.

I got season tickets again and currently, I still have more hope than dread, but check back in about 3 more ACC series...

fsu has struggled in mid-week games presumably because of lack of starting pitching depth, but that doesn't feel relevant to our weekend series vs them. aaron fitt was at the double-header and had positive things to say about us as a contender.

we better take care of business today, but then have a big opportunity on the road against GT who is currently #1 in RPI.

I don’t understand this. We desperately need to pile up wins yet it seems like we are basically punting this very winnable game.

Agreed. Sensational outing for Grzb. The problem is what the last few outings do to Adler’s psyche. This would have been a terrible loss.

WF's next 7 games:

- This weekend @ #14 GT
- Tuesday @ #12 Liberty
- Next weekend #5 UVA

Got to win some games. Also, all 3 GT games are available on ACCNX (tonight's game starts at 6 pm). The Sunday starting pitcher for GT is Marquis Grissom Jr....

scheduled to rain hard most of the day in the ATL. Maybe the rain stops in time for them to play tonight on a very wet field, but more likely they play two tomorrow.

Back