• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

It is getting a little cold here, but this was a fun one. Back tomorrow for the sweep 🤞

Nick Kurtz with a stat line you won't often see - 6-8, 2 2B, 6 RBI. Not a bad effort at the dish.

Deacs score a record 27 runs for most runs ever by Deacs in an ACC game and 3rd most ever (4 times they scored 30 so technically 6th all time if you dont count the 4 way tie for 1st)

Just unreal hitting team. Lot of ACC pitchers are getting more nervous when Deacs on calendar.

It's early in the season, and there are several different computer rankings, but going into this weekend GT was #1 in the RPI. Wake was #47. In the live rankings, GT has dropped to #7 and Wake has moved to #16.

They will be desperate in gunning for us tomorrow but if we can get a lead they might panic. Sweeps are huge in college baseball.

Hartle a little off to start and a very generous hit given to Tech on what should have been scored a Turconi error. 0-2 Tech, bases loaded, no outs, bottom of the 1st.

Looks like he got squeezed on that one pitch. I mean I don't know how that was called outside

Looks like he got squeezed on that one pitch. I mean I don't know how that was called outside

yeah that was a missed call for sure. some bad luck between that and some of what i would call unlucky plays in the field. but hartle’s command has been off either way.

Once again, how can you pitch comfortably with Turconi at short? We cannot be a top half of the ACC team with consistent errors at shortstop. Just DH him.

Turconi's defense is just killing us

both of those would have been incredibly tough plays. he’s been awful this series but over the past several years i’ve never thought he was a problem in the field.

both of those would have been incredibly tough plays. he’s been awful this series but over the past several years i’ve never thought he was a problem in the field.

Sure is wasn’t a smooth grounder but it hit him in the glove. If he didn’t approach the ball with his glove turned over, it wouldn’t have been as difficult. A slow grounder right at short that hits his glove has to be an error. GT scoring there to give it a hit.

Only seen him 3 times but Hartle didn't live up to the hype in any if those 3 I saw.

6-0 early lead for tech. We might get boat raced in this one

Hartle gives up 6 earned in the first. Hope the offense saved some runs for today.

Needless to say the defense has done Hartle no favors today.

Back