• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

Let’s not forget that Vandy, a peer institution, has been the most dominant baseball program in the country for a decade. There is no reason we can’t be successful.

I also heartily agree about recruiting the south. It is a fact that the south produces better baseball players. This is no slam on the north. It is just reality that kids in the south can play baseball for 12 months a year while those in the north can only play for 4-6.

2022 WF Baseball - 28-9 (10-8) Deacs @ ND This Weekend

There are NCAA limits on baseball scholarships. Wake abides by them. Thus the New England prep school guys who can afford Wake with just a little help.

Wake not accepting JuCo credits also hurts here. Because of MLB draft rules, many good baseball players spend two years in JuCo. None of them are acceptable academically at Wake.

I still don’t understand how JuCos were okay in the late 90s- early 2000s when we were crushing it in baseball and not okay now? And btw, those teams were heavily NE and West Coast recruits.

It is arrogance on Wake Forest part, IMO.

I could understand it if it was Technical Community colleges. But Jr College makes no sense. The academics are more rigorous at the Jr College level than the previously mentioned level.

NC law says UNC and NC State can accept credits from any NC Tech/Community College if in the correct category.

How many baseball players, and athletes in general, at those schools have such credits on their transcripts? And I've never heard it verified but it has been reported Duke athletes can take limited classes at NC Central for credit. I believe all 3 schools accept Jr College transfers, as well, although they may not have any currently..

Last edited:
Duke students can also take courses at UNC and NC State for full credit besides Central.

No ACC game until May 6 against L'ville. This week:

@ High Point Tuesday
@ Gardner-Webb Wednesday
Longwood Saturday and Sunday

Deacs love the bully role this year: 18-1 in OOC games

I still don’t understand how JuCos were okay in the late 90s- early 2000s when we were crushing it in baseball and not okay now? And btw, those teams were heavily NE and West Coast recruits.

Part of Wake's run was fueled by Providence canceling their baseball team. Wake picked up the best players they had. Mostly New England prep school guys whose families could afford Providence/Wake.

Wow...Rienisch with really 3 errors (2 recorded) in 4 innings.

HP hitting our pitchers like T-Ball.

They lead us 7-5 in the B4, 1 out...

7 runs in less than 4 innings....

FYI, High Point. 7-8 conf. 14-27 overall, 6th place in Big South.

Last edited:
Here's a strange move. Wake scratches and claws it's way to a 8-7 lead in the 8th. Walter puts in 3rd string catcher if announcers are correct.

So in a 1 run lead you play a 3rd string catcher?

Last edited:
And Corona keeps High Point alive (2 outs) by bobbling an easy out and getting the throw to 1st late...

Last edited:
And Corona blows a game ending DP....doesn't even get 1 out.

So bases loaded and 1 out.

And HPU gets a GS the next pitch to win the game...

Hope this gets Currie considering a change.

Back