• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Carolina Panthers thread - WR Leggette, RB Brooks, LB Wallace, TE Sanders, CB Smith-Wade, DT Crumedy, LB Barrett

has shown nice improvement but maybe overpaid a little

He's the cornerstone of the franchise now. That deal will look like a steal in a year or two. I wouldn't have been as comfortable with a similar deal for Burns last year.
When I look at his sack production, I think he was a bit overpaid. But this is the type of guy you want to be the cornerstone of the franchise as Guitar said, and you have a QB on a rookie contract. This is the time to overpay here and there.

His ability to stop the run is significantly more important than sacks at his position. In today's NFL with the rules skewed to hype up the passing games, you basically need 7-8 guys in coverage on most plays. Having a dude in the middle of the DLine who can stuff the run when a run is actually called allows you to keep those 7-8 guys in coverage. That is why DT is now the third highest franchise tag in the NFL behind QB and edge rusher. He is the best run defender in the NFL; if anything, they really underpaid him.

Xavier Legette says the Panthers want him if he's available at #33.

seems like a great way not to get drafted by the panthers

Back