• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Technically it's all thanks to Florida Gulf Coast like a decade ago.

If you think about it, if we’d hired Mr and Mrs Enfield, none of this would have happened. All comes down to the bike accident and resulting Wellman donkey brains. That bike accident is the flapping of the butterfly’s wings.

Bruce Pearl is an interesting thought...

I have a feeling that it will end up being Scott Drew from Baylor at Kentucky. Hurley is a pipe-dream, as is Donovan. Oats or Drew, and i think they go Drew.

Last edited:
They should really just run it back with Pitino. Of that list he'd be the best value and it gives him a bigger NIL bag to cook with since they're going to need to portal hard.

Pitino beating the ever loving shit out of Louisville for the next few seasons will be p entertaining too.

pitino is 71, i can't imagine him coaching more than 4-5 seasons

nate oats should be their target

Pretty impressive considering his team only finished ahead of Vanderbilt in the SEC East since he argued UK was a football school.
Actually Cal said that UK was a basketball school and always will be. When asked to reply Stoops basically said he just stays in his lane and pointed out that his program wasn't already on third base when he arrived.

I don’t see Jay Wright getting back into coaching unless he’s sick of Clark Kellogg talking over him.

yeah, i could be totally off base, but the vibe i get is that jay wright is done coaching college hoops

They should really just run it back with Pitino. Of that list he'd be the best value and it gives him a bigger NIL bag to cook with since they're going to need to portal hard.

Pitino beating the ever loving shit out of Louisville for the next few seasons will be p entertaining too.
This did cross my mind. It would be hilarious.

Yeah on calling Hurley, but why would Donovan even think about wanting to come back to college to deal with recruiting, NIL and the portal. But I agree with the others that it will be Oats. He appears a fit from a KY perspective, and he wants it.
How do you know Oats wants it? He appears pretty happy in Tuscalossa. No pressure at all as its the football school.

How do you know Oats wants it? He appears pretty happy in Tuscalossa. No pressure at all as its the football school.
That's all well and good when Saban is on top. Let's see how kind and gentle bama fans are when football is struggling.

yeah, i could be totally off base, but the vibe i get is that jay wright is done coaching college hoops
Most folks would be happy chilling out most of the year and throwing on a nice suit to sit next to Candace Parker to talk hoops on the weekends.

Back