• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

I tell you who did incredibly well in the Mack-Gaudio Louisville split - Luke Murray. He was one of the guys Mack canned when he needed to mix things up after a bad season. Luke Murray ended up on the staff at UConn. Not only this but he's in charge of recruiting and has a particular emphasis on guards. I'll take whatever that Bill Murray progeny is dishing out.

Last edited:
I tell you who did incredibly well in the Mack-Gaudio Louisville split - Luke Murray. He was one of the guys Mack canned when he needed to mix things up after a bad season. Luke Murray ended up on the staff at UConn. Not only this but he's in charge of recruiting and has a particular emphasis on guards. I'll take whatever that Bill Murray progeny is dishing out.
BTW, he's actor Bill Murray's son. Bill Murray was mulling around with the UCONN friends and family after the game.

Murmurs that KY is going after Bruce Pearl.

If true and Pearl took the job in Lexington (which seems far-fetched), not beyond the realm that Forbes would be someone Auburn would talk to.

Kentucky is going to be disappointed if they keep going after: retired coaches, current champions, other successful SEC coaches already making 7 million dollars a year on long new contracts.

Kentucky is going to be disappointed if they keep going after: retired coaches, current champions, other successful SEC coaches already making 7 million dollars a year on long new contracts.
Has @RedSoxFaithful been lobbying to you about Massilleo? Wasn’t that his guy for a minute?

You want, Bucky, right?

Murmurs that KY is going after Bruce Pearl.

If true and Pearl took the job in Lexington (which seems far-fetched), not beyond the realm that Forbes would be someone Auburn would talk to.
Why? He has no more connection to Auburn than anything else that has come open.

Official Arkansas scholarship player roster count is Zero, with no recruits coming in.

I can't imagine how Forbes is going to get a better job than Wake based on his current performance. But if he were offered the Auburn job, he should absolutely take it.

What exactly makes Auburn a must take job for Forbes? I disagree on this “Wake is a shitty job” take.
They're paying Pearl $5.4mm/year base right now, so not unreasonable to think they could offer him a significant increase. Not that he would get Pearl money, but it could be a big bump in pay.

With that said I don't think Auburn would go after him anyway.

They're paying Pearl $5.4mm/year base right now, so not unreasonable to think they could offer him a significant increase. Not that he would get Pearl money, but it could be a big bump in pay.

With that said I don't think Auburn would go after him anyway.
We’ve matched high salaries before when we think it’s the right move. I don’t see why a football first school with more pressure where you have to live in Alabama is exponentially better than a basketball first school in a basketball first state where there is less pressure and you know you’re on the cusp of something. I don’t think Auburns going after him either by the way.

Back