• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

I remember a Pope on the UK team from the Hill to DoucheBag shot.... Same guy? The years kinda check out. Please tell me it is the same guy.

So not 92? I swear a dude with a STACHE was on that 92 team named Pope. I must be wrong

That's a memory for me because I was at my parent's friends house watching in a small ass room in their attic

i mentioned a month or two ago that Pope was in line for a higher tier job, but this isn’t what I had in mind. This feels like the Peter Principle in action.

Matt Jones and UK fans are suggesting the AD went rogue and the big boosters were unaware and caught off guard. I wonder if they try to pull a Tennessee/Greg Schiano and stop it from happening.

Pope had the good sense to bolt from Bz/WF as fast as possible and his track record as an HC isn't awful. It could work out.

Matt Jones and UK fans are suggesting the AD went rogue and the big boosters were unaware and caught off guard. I wonder if they try to pull a Tennessee/Greg Schiano and stop it from happening.
Or Jones is trying to save face

Lolololol....

Especially love the "we didn't seriously pursue Donovan" bullshit. Of course they tried and got rejected immediately.

The money out there at every major program has made these elite jobs less attractive.

Random post, but I had no idea how bad Rhode Island has been the last 2 years under Archie Miller. Yikes.

Lolololol....

Especially love the "we didn't seriously pursue Donovan" bullshit. Of course they tried and got rejected immediately.

The money out there at every major program has made these elite jobs less attractive.

For sure. Right now it's about "how much NIL money do I have for this year?" Tradition only adds a small amount on top of the NIL for most players.

I haven’t seen a single thing about Donovan being uninterested, but he’s pretty busy at the moment.

Supposedly two UK donors have pledged $4 million in NIL and Kentucky fans are worried about Pope’s recruiting. He is going to get talent.

Like in the Tubby days it is a weird feeling for me when Kentucky’s coach is not a villain.

My FB feed is absolutely hilarious. Just a couple days ago, UK fans were saying, "Thanks Cal, Next." Now they want an investigation into the Kentucky AD. This is going to be fun.

Back