• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 NASCAR Thread - Richmond - 3/31/24 - 7 pm - FOX

So I don't follow racing of any kind in the slightest. But a friend who is often full of shit told me the other day that NASCAR is dying out and Formula 1 was on the rise. I found the statement odd, but what say ye NASCAR fans?

So I don't follow racing of any kind in the slightest. But a friend who is often full of shit told me the other day that NASCAR is dying out and Formula 1 was on the rise. I found the statement odd, but what say ye NASCAR fans?
I made the switch to F1 about 3 years ago, I only watch Daytona and the All Star race now. F1 has been hot for the past 2-3 years and is huge with anyone under the age of 35. All my buddies have made the switch to F1 except for one and that's because she works for NASCAR. NASCAR won't fully die out but besides Daytona, Talladega and the All-Star race no one will care. NASCAR is on the same downwards path baseball is. It's sad but F1 is just more entertaining.

I made the switch to F1 about 3 years ago, I only watch Daytona and the All Star race now. F1 has been hot for the past 2-3 years and is huge with anyone under the age of 35. All my buddies have made the switch to F1 except for one and that's because she works for NASCAR. NASCAR won't fully die out but besides Daytona, Talladega and the All-Star race no one will care. NASCAR is on the same downwards path baseball is. It's sad but F1 is just more entertaining.
I completely disagree. I like watching racing where the winner isn’t predetermined. NASCAR is on the rise again. Ticket sales last year were the highest they’ve been in 20 years.

My husband has always been an open wheel racing fan more than NASCAR (although he loves all auto racing). But since the introduction of the Drive to Survive series in 2019, he has found a huge increase in F1 fans amongst his various friend groups. The reality TV feel has brought both men & women into the F1 fold.

F1 had huge success after Drive to Survive, so much that NASCAR had to have a show of their own. F1 may run into the same issue NASCAR did back in the early 00s, one driver dominating and making the races significantly less interesting. I'll watch F1 in the days leading up to Sunday, but outside of a few races annually, I tune out.

Weekend schedule for Atlanta.

Attachments

• schedule-for-atlanta-weekend-v0-tugo7hm5vrjc1.png
    schedule-for-atlanta-weekend-v0-tugo7hm5vrjc1.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 6
I think F1 is at an inflection point in the US market. I went to the debut race at Miami and it was a circus in all of the best ways. Vegas was so overpriced and such a hassle to the community that a lot of people were turned off by it.

I will be interested to see how they manufacture drama in this season of Drive to Survive. Maybe it will just be 10 episodes of the Dutch and Austrian National Anthems.
That show won't be the same without Guenther Steiner going forward but at least they'll have some fresh Danny Ric content.

I quit watching NASCAR religiously outside of the 500 about 6 years ago but am debating going to the race here this weekend.

Wow, what a finish! Thought Blaney had it, but Suarez by an inch.
That was wild. Can’t remember the last time I’ve seen three cars that close at the line.

On the overall race, I hate this package at Atlanta. It’s too narrow. 70ish caution laps is insane.

That was wild. Can’t remember the last time I’ve seen three cars that close at the line.

On the overall race, I hate this package at Atlanta. It’s too narrow. 70ish caution laps is insane.
It certainly is. The 4 wide was pretty wild though, never imagined they'd pull it off as long as they did.

Have you tried any of it? My friend bought a can/canister of it a couple years ago. Not tasty at all, but cool looking on the shelf for a NASCAR fan.
After coming home and tasting it sober, it's what I'd expect from a Florida Bourbon. Nothing memorable, and best mixed in a drink. If it didn't have the Daytona 500 Official Bourbon moniker, I wouldn't seek it out.

After coming home and tasting it sober, it's what I'd expect from a Florida Bourbon. Nothing memorable, and best mixed in a drink. If it didn't have the Daytona 500 Official Bourbon moniker, I wouldn't seek it out.
Don't sleep on St. Augustine Distillery. They have a good straight bourbon. Their other bourbon offerings are good but a little pricey for what they are.

Some will bitch, but I love this tire wear. Reminds me of the bias ply days. True wheelmen will rise to the top.
I’m still watching Wake baseball but my son said he loves the tire wear. I’ll see it soon.

Back