• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 NASCAR Thread - Richmond - 3/31/24 - 7 pm - FOX

We used to go to Martinsville every year, until the new car design made the racing there garbage. Not sure if we'll go back this spring, but if we do, we should definitely get together for a tailgate.
tsy, as somewhat of a novice NASCAR fan, I'm curious what about the new design negatively impacts Martinsville racing. Is this an issue on other short tracks as well?

tsy, as somewhat of a novice NASCAR fan, I'm curious what about the new design negatively impacts Martinsville racing. Is this an issue on other short tracks as well?
Yes, it's impacted the short tracks for the entire series, making the cars aero dependent. They also reduced horsepower, which was once used to overpower the aero sensitivity. As a result, it's difficult to pass, similar to the issues F1 experiences.

The intermediate and superspeedway packages are much better, but at the expense of the short track package.

Yes, it's impacted the short tracks for the entire series, making the cars aero dependent. They also reduced horsepower, which was once used to overpower the aero sensitivity. As a result, it's difficult to pass, similar to the issues F1 experiences.

The intermediate and superspeedway packages are much better, but at the expense of the short track package.
Everyone shifting doesn’t help any.

Driving across FL tomorrow am and hoping the weather front moves through quickly so Sunday isn't a total washout

Driving across FL tomorrow am and hoping the weather front moves through quickly so Sunday isn't a total washout
I don't know that we'll stay for the Monday ARCA/Xfinity races if they can't get them in tomorrow. I'm hoping they run Xfinity later on if they have to just to get it in.

I think the tires are too good. They need more wear off to create strategy opportunities. I also agree with y’all on horsepower and shifting stuff.

Shifting should not be happening but the new gear box makes it a necessity. If a driver misses his entry into a turn he can downshift and power his way out of it. No shifting would mean he pays a price for missing the turn….speed slows down and he is getting passed.
The transmissions and engines are so good now, parts failures are a rarity. I miss the old days of random pistons breaking, or ramming a transmission into 4th gear with nothing else.

Between the Trucks and ARCA, I'm expecting absolute carnage. I'm all for it.

How did I not know that Raja was Rae's son? I never put it together.

Between the Trucks and ARCA, I'm expecting absolute carnage. I'm all for it.

How did I not know that Raja was Rae's son? I never put it together.
I don't think he is. Be a good story though. I ended up betting carruth and Majeski. Weather doesn't look great tomorrow or sunday.

Back