• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Incredible turn around after those two walks. What do I know! Need to win these games. Let’s go win a series now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mound conditions really seem to bother ray, but he worked through it. Glad that liberty batter swung three and one with nobody out

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

I mean I can understand walter being hesitant due to the conditions today. Last thing you need is for them to come back and injure themselves in a midweek game against liberty by slipping or something which is so wfu.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatal

Man I’ll take the win, but our mid-week pitching is quite the adventure 😎
I thought Shenosky was good. After that, it was an adventure. Johnston and Gunther were completely ineffective. Falco and Leffew were meh and Fay was good when he had to be but it was tough.

Catcher is a huge concern. WF has the pitching talent to improve (and players to return from injury). Not sure WF’s catching situation (offensively and more important defensively, including handling the staff) is going to improve. Really tough to be an elite baseball team with a weakness behind the plate.

Seems like getting at least a stud defensive catcher with our pitching staff should have been a pretty easy portal pick-up, especially after the last one we picked up got drafted. I agree that it seems like we have to put Gill in there now.

Back