• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

24:Live Another Day (does anyone care?)

That would have been amazing. The terrorist son could have just yelled out, "Whoa, just like in Speed!" and the terrorist mom would have just sort of blankly glared at him for a minute.

a full, uninterrupted minute. of her glaring. his joke falling painfully flat. "Man, tough crowd," he would have said to break the silence. then they all go back to terroristing

these, exactly.

Which finger of the sister did they cut off? Could she have been on the phone shouting to her mom and brother once they knew they had been tricked "Now take him out! Just like that!" and snapping her fingers... just like Dennis Hopper managed to do in Speed without a thumb (the reason for his angst)... one of the major movie faux pas of all time...

Is it me or has this been a solid season. Maybe absences makes the heart grow fonder but they are hitting HRs this year.

While a solid season, last night's episode had some laughable moments...

Erik, who wasn't even a field agent at the beginning of the season, is now the senior agent and therefore, interim station chief on his first day? (I am trying to recall if he was told he would become a field agent very soon once Kate was gone week's end by Navarro during the first episode)

Speaking of Kate being gone, didn't she clear out her office in an earlier episode thus making it very hard for her to follow the command of "go to your office"?

Erik's first instructions to await new protocols and assignments lasts... oh I'd say 3 seconds... before Kate goes behind his back to the other analyst to determine what the killed analyst was researching just before he was killed.

Kate screams she has suffered the guilt and shame of not being aware of her husband's treachery only immediately upon finding out he was innocent, cry in angst that she has lived with the guilt of sending her husband to suicide because he realized she had lost faith in him and doubted his innocence.

And, speaking of husband's being attuned to their wife's feelings, how is it that Mark, who has spent maybe 10 minutes in his wife's presence all day, can tell how distant she has become ever since Jack returned? Wouldn't you need a few nights together or at least time spent over a meal to come to such a conclusion?

You have an override device you developed (but apparently did not keep a copy of the code for yourself) smuggled out of CIA headquarters in London which will change the world (if not be worth $$$$), you casually toss it into the backseat and do not question at all why Chloe would have opened the rear door and leaned in?

Jack and Kate are hit broadside by a fast moving truck... you may recall this was how Abbie Carmichael (Angie Harmon's character) died on Law & Order... not only do Jack and Kate survive, but have no injuries or concussions and are able to get out of the turnover vehicle and come out shooting?

My financee keep shouting while Jack was trying to get information out of Navarro "shoot him in the knee!" a homage to Jack's action in an earlier season. We both had to laugh when Cheng shot Adrian in the knee!

Another laugh was the idea of immunity - which comes up about ever season... We figured Jack would have Mark forge another document thereby negating the immunity!

Which leads to the question, why are all station chief's - even newly appointed ones - such whimps? All it took was Jack pummeling Navarro's hand with his gun to cause Erik to send in security and get Jack out of there. Just what did Erik think Jack was going to do?

Last edited:
You have an override device you developed (but apparently did not keep a copy of the code for yourself) smuggled out of CIA headquarters in London which will change the world (if not be worth $$$$), you casually toss it into the backseat and do not question at all why Chloe would have opened the rear door and leaned in?
Chloe has the override device, which is a very high-tech piece of technology, and doesn't just smash it on the ground and destroy it? She knows the potential harm it can cause and chooses to try and run away with it in a dark alley?

Cheng is one of the best badasses on this show and pumped to see him back; simply because we get to hear him say "Mr Bowehhhhh"

Chloe has the override device, which is a very high-tech piece of technology, and doesn't just smash it on the ground and destroy it? She knows the potential harm it can cause and chooses to try and run away with it in a dark alley?
Ha yeah that scene was odd. I guess they are trying to show Chloe has the tech skills but not the agent skills.

I keep waiting for a letdown episode but it keeps delivering.

I keep waiting for a letdown episode but it keeps delivering.[/QUOTE]

That was the main reason to reducing the number of episodes down to fit the story. The writers/producers knew they were having to stretch to fill a full 24 hours causing a lot of fluff and unnecessary story lines. So far it's working, but it still provides laughter from the suspension of belief...

I don't know what's worse, the president flying into a soccer field agreeing to get blown up or the terrorist destroying drones to honor the agreement.

Chloe may not have full agent skills, but her taking out 4 or 5 Chinese guys was something - I guess they are not all martial arts experts!

I was amazed the camera didn't pull back to show the highly visible track marks down the pants leg and the puddle at the foot of Mark, who no doubt wet himself when Jack pulled him into the room and pushed him up against the door...

You knew Audrey was a hostage waiting to happen when she volunteered to meet with a friend from the Chinese consultate....

Speaking of which, how did Cheng know she was going to be there (much less have time to put people into position) and why did he abandon the plan to head to the docks and get out of the UK?

And, wouldn't the British be alerted to look out for Cheng such that a truck full of rifle carrying Chinese guys wouldn't generate at least a little suspicion for British troops?

OMG stop analyzing and just enjoy the show. Jack has been shot at 400,000 times and no bullet hits him... we know it's fake, just stop.

people like oldmandeac are funny to watch shows with... "There is NO way that car could make that jump" "There is no way he could survive that fall" "There is no way he would get away with that"....

It's a TV show. If it was real, Jack would have been dead season 1, episode 2.... I believe the producers probably had this novel idea about creating multiple seasons. I'm sure Cheng could have kept chloe tied and shackled while cheng and his men ass rape her, but I have a feeling Chloe is needed in the finale.

I think the season has been really good, hopefully there will be another one after this.

Sorry, but half the fun of watching a show like "24" is to find the humor in plot points - in its hay day, this board analyzed Jack's every move with a tongue in cheek approach. I remember someone plotting Jack's movements around LA one season where he would have had to have a Star Trek tele-portation device to travel that much around that town in 24 hours. And, we all wanted his cell phone with the never dying battery which worked deep down in concrete bunkers (forget about eating or using the restroom). Jimmy Fallon had a chart last night (Keifer was on the show having Jack Bauer named the best action character of all time or something like that) of how many times Jack says "Damn" (Keifer joked it wasn't quite as often as he shot and killed people).

Just because I make fun of or point out holes in the storyline, doesn't mean I don't love the show.

My financee

Accidental typo, I'm sure.

Honestly, I think this season has probably had just as many WTF moments as previous seasons in spite of having half the time. I'm enjoying Jack as always, but the show has serious logical lapses. I'm not talking about the general unbelievability of it all, but rather characters doing something when they could be doing something else that makes a lot more sense and get the same result. The only show worse than this was the first season of that Kevin Bacon show with the cult (I didn't bother with the second season).

Fortunately, True Blood is still on so 24 looks absolutely brilliant by comparison.

Back