• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

25 funniest autocorrects

OliveGardenDeac

Reaction score
These are great

http://damnyouautocorrect.com/13603/the-25-funniest-autocorrects-of-dyacs-first-year/

surprise-mom.jpg

killed-her.jpg

doing-lauren.jpg

coming-out.jpg

I can't stop laughing at this one. The title!!

new-pumas.jpg

ETA just realized you can't see the title in my post - it's "You've Got Mail"

Last edited:
I hate when people use the wrong word and blame autocorrect. No, you just typed in the wrong word. Autocorrect did not change your to you're.

I think the funniest thing is that most of the vulgar autocorrects are clearly ones the phone learnd from the texter's prior use.

Last edited:
I hate when people use the wrong word and blame autocorrect. No, you just typed in the wrong word. Autocorrect did not change your to you're.

I think the funniest thing is that most of the vulgar autocorrects are clearly ones the phone learnd from the texter's prior use.

A few months ago, I got a text from my boss asking me if we we're still on for dinner @ his house the next night.

I responded with "Sound's good." (or so I thought)

The horror didn't come until the next day (on my way to his house) when I was checking my messages & saw it had been auto-corrected to: "Sound's homoerotic."

To my knowledge (and from searching my text message history just to be sure), the word 'homoerotic' had never been typed into that iPhone.

That's different as its not a vulgar word like some others. Like my phone won't correct something to "pussy"

My problem is when I try to send revolting perverted texts and it corrects to something mundane.

Check out my gaping butterscotch!

Ruins the whole effect.

i tried to send a text to my bro that was supposed to be a simple WTF and it autocorrected to ergonomics. thought that was pretty bizarre.

All I know is that everytime I try to send El Chupacabra a text message that includes the word "shit," it always auto-corrects to "shot." Drives me crazy. I WILL CUSS IF I WANT TO CUSS, IPHONE.

As someone who's pretty anti-apple...I'd like to know how this autocorrect software works...

Like, are people just not paying attention as this thing corrects in real time and they don't proofread before sending? Or does it autocorrect right before the message goes out without consulting the user?

I understand that these are mostly contrived, but I'm interested in the premise that the site is based on.

Mine happened in 2 different circumstances:

(1) when it was the last word of the message (the autocorrect suggestion doesn't pop-up until you finish the word/hit send).

Or

(2) when i was intoxicated enough to know (or not know) that i wasn't going to get the right words into place anyway & just chugged right along w/ the message.

Back