• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2pm on the C-Dub vs. Syracuse

So we only had 2 night games this year-plus Elon.

I'm still hoping for some soul-searching by the coaches & players this week a respectable showing with some heart vs. ND, then, a win vs. Syracuse to back-door into a bowl and some momentum for next season. But it appears there's a clear check-out with some of the vets, and absent their leaving the program now a la the Morris kid at NCSU and letting some of the young guys get their shot, I don't think the atmosphere around the program is conducive to a positive finish. But again, I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope; will probably know by the end of the 1st quarter this Saturday if that's warranted.

Matthew Dennis is not kicking for WF this week.

There is a competition going on this week between Ben Morgan and Caleb Carlson to determine how kicks FGs and PATs against Cuse.
The kickoff guy that bad on FGs?

Matthew Dennis is not kicking for WF this week.

There is a competition going on this week between Ben Morgan and Caleb Carlson to determine how kicks FGs and PATs against Cuse.

Thought Mora had some previous FG experience.

Glad to hear Clawson openly admit today that the QB position must be figured out. He'll work on it!

Glad to hear Clawson openly admit today that the QB position must be figured out. He'll work on it!

giphy.gif

Took him long enough

I think that Griffis' inability to perform under game conditions has genuinely perplexed and befuddledthe whole staff. I don't recall a guy having practices like Griffis is reported to have had and then just getting stage fright during games. Usually when a QB (or any player) doesn't live up to expectations, the lack of performance is visible in practice before it shows in games.

I think that Griffis' inability to perform under game conditions has genuinely perplexed and befuddledthe whole staff. I don't recall a guy having practices like Griffis is reported to have had and then just getting stage fright during games. Usually when a QB (or any player) doesn't live up to expectations, the lack of performance is visible in practice before it shows in games.
Big difference in wearing a green jersey in practice where you can’t get hit and a bad rep just means another rep, than real live game action where you can get hit and bad plays have consequence. Kind of a like going from the driving range to the course.

Last edited:
Just as baffling is Dennis' FG yips.

He was so reliable and then between he and Mitch they cost us @ duke.

Hasn't hit a FG since. :(

Big difference in wearing a green jersey in practice where you can’t get hit and a bad rep just means another rep, than real live game action where you can get hit and bad plays have consequence. Kind of a like going from the driving range to the course.
He hadn't shown that stage fright in HS nor in the first game last season.

Back