• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

30 for 30: No Mas (nwt)

I remember the fight. I think it was during the early days of closed circuit, so I didn't see it live. Everybody was like WTF?

I remember the fight. I think it was during the early days of closed circuit, so I didn't see it live. Everybody was like WTF?

Yeah, I know. Duran saying No Mas and Tyson biting part of Holyfield's ear off are 2 of the craziest things I remember seeing during a big time boxing match. Oh yeah, I guess you have to include the skydiver that landed beside the ring during one of the Holyfield v. Bowe fights as well.

looks like a sick fight so far. looks like duran was winning?

Was a good show but got pretty cheesy and anticlimactic. The whole Duran meets Leonard thing was way too contrived and nothing came of it. But everything before that was pretty entertaining.

Yeah I was happy to learn about the whole fight when I hadn't ever bothered doing so on my own before.

But was there anything to take away from it other than holy fuck Christie Brinkley still looks good as shit?

Yeah I was happy to learn about the whole fight when I hadn't ever bothered doing so on my own before.

But was there anything to take away from it other than holy fuck Christie Brinkley still looks good as shit?

Christie is timeless

That was a great 30 for 30. And yes Christie is smoking hot. It was followed by the piece on the Mannings which was also great.

I did a lot of those PPV's back then like Sugar Ray vs Hit Man Hearns, etc. Those guys in that weight class made boxing. They really hit non-stop for 12-15 rounds.

To me the obvious explanation is Duran got fat and lazy after the first fight and wasn't ready for a quick rematch, but wanted the paycheck. Why was this such a mystery?

I cannot believe how smoking she still is and is almost 60. Totally mind blowing.

6751184c-b170-43a2-8f19-2a388f882cbd_ChristieBrinkley.jpg

Further evidence!!!

To me the obvious explanation is Duran got fat and lazy after the first fight and wasn't ready for a quick rematch, but wanted the paycheck. Why was this such a mystery?

I agree with all that and I think Leonard was dominating the rematch so bad, he started taunting or "bullying" Duran and basically bullies don't like to be bullied. I think Duran got frustrated and just quit. Simple at that. It's kind of like in Rocky III where Rock is trying to talk Mickey into taking the first fight with Mr. T and Mickey tells him the worst thing happened to Rocky that can happen to a fighter, " you got civilized." I think after beating Leonard, Duran got civilized, fat and happy.

i have seen it attributed to a couple people, but i think mike tyson once said something like "it is hard to get up at 5 am and run when you are sleeping in silk pajamas."

i have seen it attributed to a couple people, but i think mike tyson once said something like "it is hard to get up at 5 am and run when you are sleeping in silk pajamas."

That's a great quote.

That's a great quote.

another good tyson quote - getting some play today because he gave it as advice to Chris Brown on some radio talk show this morning:

"I became humble because this is what I had to learn, if you're not humble in this world, the world will thrust humbleness upon you."

Back