• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

40 maps to help you understand the world

some of these are cray

there-are-more-people-living-inside-this-circle-than-outside-of-it.jpg

highest-paid-us-public-employees-by-state.jpg

map-of-world-upside-down-south-pole-on-top.jpg

To be fair the 434 area code didn't come into existence until June 1, 2001. Area Codes debuted on July 14, 2001. So at the time the single was recorded there was no 434 area code in which to have said hoes. 434 was a split from 804 so technically it should be included.

I thought more of the world drove on the “other side” of the road.

Florida needs to be updated to reflect Jimbo's latest extension.

wow mississippi and arkansas only have 3 breweries each... and you would think florida would have way more than that. north carolina looks like the strongest southern state!

The craft brew scene is just starting out in Florida but has some significant momentum. I believe the laws are a big stumbling block.

For example, you're not allowed to sell alcohol in anything that is larger than 32 oz but smaller than 128. So my industry standard 64 oz growlers from VA are now decorations on my bookshelf.

This is one of the main focuses of lobbyists this year to change. Also, selling food is really complicated. The brewery near me has food trucks come to circumvent that.

The breweries map was on sale for 20% off for 24 hours. I got the email around noon yesterday. Didn't pull the trigger because I don't know where to put it.

The breweries map was on sale for 20% off for 24 hours. I got the email around noon yesterday. Didn't pull the trigger because I don't know where to put it.

I'd love to have it but it's a huge fucking map. Quite the commitment if you don't have a perfect place for it already.

I am not a lawyer, and I don’t know the site you are referring to as the link above just takes me to a large jpeg posted on the internet, but if you download it you could take it about anywhere to have it printed the size you like. “Pop Chart Lab" listed in the corner button right, but I doubt any printer would recognize that as a copyright.

I like supporting the site, I have a bunch of stuff from them and it's all been great.

I am not a lawyer, and I don’t know the site you are referring to as the link above just takes me to a large jpeg posted on the internet, but if you download it you could take it about anywhere to have it printed the size you like. “Pop Chart Lab" listed in the corner button right, but I doubt any printer would recognize that as a copyright.

Wait, this is one of those times where you are putting it out there that you'll help us break the law while being careful enough not to say anything incriminating, right? I gotcha. Don't check your PM (wink, wink).

After viewing the site I would not print anything that came to my place with this on it, but if an average Joe brought this into our place, or even more so placed their order online with one of our options, I am confident it would get printed. Remember the illegal part of this is who steals the copyright and acts as the owner, it is the printers responsibility to recognize copyrighted material, and my company is very strict about this, but that is an extremely weak copyright and I imagine most here would have no trouble editing the picture ( I am not promoting this). I am just amazed that they would hang this large of a file out there for potential customers to have access to download. Opened in photoshop the above link is 84” across and 55.5 inches high with a 68 meg file size. Not ideal for printing that large, but if cropped to a smaller size........

Wait, this is one of those times where you are putting it out there that you'll help us break the law while being careful enough not to say anything incriminating, right? I gotcha. Don't check your PM (wink, wink).

Interesting to see what they've got up there. Skull Camp (near Mt. Airy) is listed but they are really small and the facility primarily does wine, but they started experimenting with beer a couple years ago. I'd probably put it on the same scale as Small Batch.

Also interesting to see the real names of the breweries, for example the Saranac beer is from the Matt Brewing Company. I always thought Saranac was its own brewery

Back