• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

44 fucking points

Didn't follow the game thread, so I'll post my thoughts here.

1. I like Brownell. Hard to recruit well at Clem's Son, but he'll have them playing D and being sound fundamentally. Only seen them against UVA and Wake. They out-packlined UVA and kicked the shite out of us defensively.

2. I've said this before. We're a team full of wings, and what did Buzzdick do? He went out and got 2 more wings for next year. Granted, they're decent recruits. But we desperately need inside help. We're consistently outrebounded and are soft inside. It ain't rocket science to note that bigs get in foul trouble quicker than PGs and wings. And you can also run into injuries. Hell, look at UVA - Brogdon, Evans and Atkins in 1 year. We have nothing inside other than Thomas. And that's gonna become more apparent as the ACC season goes on - especially on the road.

3. We're the 2nd worst ACC team in terms of FG% D to BC. A consistent thought tonight was how many good looks Clemson got at the basket. Whether it was points in the paint or wide open outside shots, they got what they wanted. Trouble is they play D, so our shots had a much higher degree of difficulty. They are not a more talented team and in fact I'd argue are a less talented team. But they're tougher than we are and play better D. And that was the difference.

4. ACC teams outside of Raleigh and Durham are having a tough time on the road. A lot of youth on those also-rans, similar to us. Youth has a tougher time on the road.

5. Buzzdick seemed to wear a better tie but still sucks ass as a coach.

Loved the part When the announcers said 'despite the fan bases unhappiness, Buzz is going nowhere because that is what Wellman wants'

Loved the part When the announcers said 'despite the fan bases unhappiness, Buzz is going nowhere because that is what Wellman wants'

I can't help but take that as a challenge. Makes me more and more unlikely to attend a game until this misery ends. The more they push it down my throat the more I hate them all. If they admitted we aren't where we need to be and we want to make change in the right direction I'd feel a lot better about things. I honestly think my head will explode if Buzz is our coach next year. I just can't take another year of this.

Back