• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

50 Best CHRISTMAS Movies

wow a lot of these are NOT Christmas movies

lol at Bad Santa over Christmas Vacation

1. Bad Santa
2. Die Hard
3. Everything else

lotta really good movies on this list, but it was almost as though they couldn't come up with 50 good enough xmas movies

the "most christmassy thing" about in bruges was that it looked like a storybook? gtfo.

Die Hard

Muppet Christmas Carol

Scrooged

everything else

Where is the Holiday classic Jingle all the Way?

Die Hard was released in July and has little to do with Christmas. It's nothing more than a plot device so Alan Rickman can go "ho ho ho" with a deadpan German accent. Not a Xmas movie. It's like saying The Usual Suspects is a boat movie.

Uh, no mention of Home Alone until post 14 means everybody gets coal in their stockings.

No Christmas vacation or Christmas story in the top 10 invalidates the list for me.

And Die Hard is most certainly a Christmas movie.

Plot: while on vacation in LA, John McClain must save the office Christmas party from German terrorists.

And, the best part of the movie is the ever festive, "Now I have a machine gun. Ho-ho-ho."

Last edited:
No Christmas vacation or Christmas story in the top 10 invalidates the list for me.

And Die Hard is most certainly a Christmas movie.

Plot: while on vacation in LA, John McClain must save the office Christmas party from German terrorists.

Yeah, that's it. He was saving the holiday from pagan hordes. Nope, it's not a Christmas movie in the true, traditional sense. No sentimental, sappy lessons about the meaning of the holidays or the spirit of giving etc. Lots of blood, violence, and graphic language. Not that I mind those things and personally think Die Hard was a great movie. But it's just a movie with Christmas as a backdrop, not the focal point of the movie. Bah fucking humbug.

For anyone who bothered to click through 50 pages, did The Ref with Denis Leary make the list?

Yeah, that's it. He was saving the holiday from pagan hordes. Nope, it's not a Christmas movie in the true, traditional sense. No sentimental, sappy lessons about the meaning of the holidays or the spirit of giving etc. Lots of blood, violence, and graphic language. Not that I mind those things and personally think Die Hard was a great movie. But it's just a movie with Christmas as a backdrop, not the focal point of the movie. Bah fucking humbug.

For anyone who bothered to click through 50 pages, did The Ref with Denis Leary make the list?

Well, he was coming to see his wife that he had separated from, and there was a certain sense that he wanted to make things right with her, so there is a bit of a redemption story in there as well. It isn't really about Christmas, but the movie would be significantly different if it were set in September.

either fucking way it's definitely a better xmas movie than Christmas Vacation or A Christmas Story

Back