• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

50 years ago today- The Civil Rights Act

Typical response from you. Of course support an extremist.

I actually don't agree with him. I was just pointing out that (1) challenging the CRA isn't new, like you claimed, and (2) one can be opposed to the CRA and not be a racist, as you no doubt don't believe.

I did the :rofl: because your response was exactly what I expected--rejection without consideration. Plus, it's comical to me to see Epstein's tome rejected in fewer than both 10 minutes and 5 words.

Last edited:
Reading is Fundamental! I never called Epstein a racist. To say I did is a total lie.

It's also a lie to say I said this- "one can be opposed to the CRA and not be a racist, as you no doubt don't believe".

But of course, you will come up with an excuse to say I said things that I didn't.

You also know what the "retaliation" means in regards to rep. My giving you a neg rep is not "retaliation". You giving me one back for giving it to you is.

there was a time I did that. That's not today. But that is what you did to me not what I did to you.

I don't expect you to admit you are wrong. You have never shown that much integrity.

Last edited:
To concoct/believe Obama was born in Kenya, one had to willfully ignore the civil rights timeline. Obama was born in August 1961. In mid-May 1961, one of the freedom rider buses was firebombed in Alabama and the imagery was was widely publicized in the media. So did Obama's parents then leave the University of Hawaii while his mother was six months pregnant and move to Kenya, but somehow thought their kid would be president some day so they faked his birth certificate?!? Millions of Americans saw pictures of blacks being beaten and attacked by dogs, 4 little girls were blown up in Birmingham, and 3 people were killed registering blacks to vote in Mississippi, all before the Civil Rights Act. Still one mixed race couple (who couldn't legally marry in more than a dozen states) ingeniously managed to dupe Hawaiian officials from Kenya, a country with minimal infrastructure halfway around the world, to preserve their kid's presidential eligibility. No doubt there are conspiracy nuts who aren't very bright, but many well-educated conservatives did nothing to dispel the nonsense.

To concoct/believe Obama was born in Kenya, one had to willfully ignore the civil rights timeline. Obama was born in August 1961. In mid-May 1961, one of the freedom rider buses was firebombed in Alabama and the imagery was was widely publicized in the media. So did Obama's parents then leave the University of Hawaii while his mother was six months pregnant and move to Kenya, but somehow thought their kid would be president some day so they faked his birth certificate?!? Millions of Americans saw pictures of blacks being beaten and attacked by dogs, 4 little girls were blown up in Birmingham, and 3 people were killed registering blacks to vote in Mississippi, all before the Civil Rights Act. Still one mixed race couple (who couldn't legally marry in more than a dozen states) ingeniously managed to dupe Hawaiian officials from Kenya, a country with minimal infrastructure halfway around the world, to preserve their kid's presidential eligibility. No doubt there are conspiracy nuts who aren't very bright, but many well-educated conservatives did nothing to dispel the nonsense.

One of the signs that we still have a long way to go to fulfill the promise of the Civil Rights Act.

Thankfully there haven't been huge overt incidents of violence involved with some of the burning issues of the day (immigration, gay rights, etc..), but if there were they'd ricochet around the Internet and reach a huge audience instantly. Cliven Bundy and crew were a nightmare and it's tragic but not too surprising that the Las Vegas cop killers were part of that group. Ironically Hobby Lobby approved a transfer from Indiana to Nevada for the wife, but national media was able to identify disturbing social media activities/ posts from that couple on social media within 24 hours of the shooting. Immigration is a very tough issue to sort out, but I don't think an angry mob of 50 people screaming at women and children in Murrieta, CA is helpful to conservatives. While Murietta isn't Kevin McCarthy's district it's only two hours away and with 35% Latino population, McCarthy can't and won't be an anti-immigration hardliner. Lessons unlearned from our own fairly recent past are devastating and inexcusable.

The thing in Murrieta is going to hurt Republicans when added to all the vitriol that is being spewed by people like Laura Ingram, Ann Coulter, the Congressman from TX and others.

Further the Senate passed an immigration bill with right at 50% of GOP Senators voting for it. The House refusing to deal with it and other attacks will turn Hispanics farther away from the GOP.

Back