• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

5th Quarter on TV tonight

Shhhhhhh...don't tell the Christians....

What is your deal with bringing your anti-christian ideology into every thread... We get it, you dont believe in God, thats just dandy. Please don't keep demonizing people that have faith in something. It doesn't hurt or effect you. If you believe its stupid and a waste of time, then so what if other people believe, it isnt hurting you..

On the movie, the guy playing Abbate is tiny and portrays abbate as a Rudy like player. Abbate was a beast even though he was short.

what's the deal with the kid driving the car? I looked it up after the scene and it just said the wreck was caused by reckless driving, but what caused him to drive like that? it seemed like he was just being an asshole and kept speeding up, but he looked really pissed while doing it, rather than just generally being a bad driver.

Yeah, I think the scene where Luke dies was a little overly dramatized. That kid driving basically was the devil.

yeah but being at the OB it was awesome how the whole stadium was silent while everyone--including Louisville fans and players--held up the 5. the movie showed us winning the ACC Championship, then it cut to "several months later" where they were watching baseball.

Other than the football scenes, the movie was predictable and droll.

yeah but being at the OB it was awesome how the whole stadium was silent while everyone--including Louisville fans and players--held up the 5. the movie showed us winning the ACC Championship, then it cut to "several months later" where they were watching baseball.

My guess was something about money. Probably costs a lot more to get the rights to a BCS game.

When the movie first came out, the same question was asked. According to the producer, they really wanted the movie ending on a higher note. They felt ending after the ACCCG was better than covering the OB loss.

Sounds like ending with the beginning of the OB would have been better.

The only part of the movie I caught was the ACC Championship Game montage, which was laughably bad (music, editing, cinematography). Made the average montage in any given episode of Friday Night Lights look like Citizen Kane.

The only part of the movie I caught was the ACC Championship Game montage, which was laughably bad (music, editing, cinematography). Made the average montage in any given episode of Friday Night Lights look like Citizen Kane.

to be fair, while we probably have good memories from that game just because of what it was, it was an awful game to watch. i mean, really, a 9-6 final score? not a single touchdown? there's only so much they can do with that.

but yeah, music was bad. and it bothered me that they kept flipping back and forth between actual game footage and the movie scenes. i guess there wasn't a lot else they could do on a small budget, but the tape quality was so different between the two, and it just bothered me.

Seriously...

Shhhhhhh...don't tell the Christians....

We get it...
You're moving into Botime, KA-West Virginia love child territory with your ability to reference anti-religion at the same rate they mention UNC/WVU.

The only thing missing from that wretched movie was Kirk Cameron.

Yeah, I think the scene where Luke dies was a little overly dramatized. That kid driving basically was the devil.
\

I wondered about that too. If it was really just reckless driving then I feel pretty bad for that kid & his family being painted like that.

I had forgotten about that until you said it. That really was strange.

Back