• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

70 Years Ago, Today

Also, happy birthday wakephan09!

Just posted the same thing on the chat thread. 20,000+ enemy soldiers killed along with 70,000 - 146,000 civilians.

I was actually at this show. 1984 at the Troubador, or the "Troub" as we used to call it. Phil Hypospadius was actually running the club and I was a young producer. I called him up and offered to have the band play for $20 each and free whisky. He didn't answer quickly enough so I bumped it to $22 each and he caved before I could run it any higher. Next thing you know I'm backstage with the band doing bourbon shots out of a groupie's mouth. The girl would take the shot and hold it in her mouth, then spit it back into the mouth of the band members and me. By the time the night was over she was passed out on the bus getting her leg humped by our band's dog.

Tommy Greenjeans was there that night too. He tried to tlak me into selling him the rights to the band in exchange for a 1973 Corvair and a box of cubans. I told him no thanks, that I had plenty of cigars at home. He and I ended up going to Flaky Whitmore's house in the Hills and watching Flaky get his hamsters high on coke and then putting them on the wheel. Flaky preferred mushrooms for himself, so by the time I left he was screaming at Tommy because he thought Tommy was trying to steal all the light bulbs out of his house to light up an igloo.

I was actually at this show. 1984 at the Troubador, or the "Troub" as we used to call it. Phil Hypospadius was actually running the club and I was a young producer. I called him up and offered to have the band play for $20 each and free whisky. He didn't answer quickly enough so I bumped it to $22 each and he caved before I could run it any higher. Next thing you know I'm backstage with the band doing bourbon shots out of a groupie's mouth. The girl would take the shot and hold it in her mouth, then spit it back into the mouth of the band members and me. By the time the night was over she was passed out on the bus getting her leg humped by our band's dog.

Tommy Greenjeans was there that night too. He tried to tlak me into selling him the rights to the band in exchange for a 1973 Corvair and a box of cubans. I told him no thanks, that I had plenty of cigars at home. He and I ended up going to Flaky Whitmore's house in the Hills and watching Flaky get his hamsters high on coke and then putting them on the wheel. Flaky preferred mushrooms for himself, so by the time I left he was screaming at Tommy because he thought Tommy was trying to steal all the light bulbs out of his house to light up an igloo./QUOTE]

the usual suspects continye to cyber bully me and what do the mods do>?

NOTHING.. they are giant pussies and have rined this place for me.

will they ban the asshole behind this imposter??

NAH!!!

The New Yorker made Hiroshima, their seminal piece published one year after, free today.

Got to go there in the summer of '92 with Professor John Litcher's Asia trip. Very moving experience.

Tommy Greenjeans was there that night too. He tried to tlak me into selling him the rights to the band in exchange for a 1973 Corvair and a box of cubans. I told him no thanks, that I had plenty of cigars at home. He and I ended up going to Flaky Whitmore's house in the Hills and watching Flaky get his hamsters high on coke and then putting them on the wheel. Flaky preferred mushrooms for himself, so by the time I left he was screaming at Tommy because he thought Tommy was trying to steal all the light bulbs out of his house to light up an igloo.

lol

Back