• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

$77 million for Larry Ellison (for one year)

The company founder decided to pay himself 3.5% of his companies profit. Probably low by most organizational standards.

Last week, the company reported modest growth for its fiscal first quarter after flat revenue for the previous two periods. Profit rose by 8% to $2.19 billion, as revenue ticked up 2% to $8.37 billion.

The company founder decided to pay himself 3.5% of his companies profit. Probably low by most organizational standards.

3.5%? Annualized Oracle expects $10.9B in profit this year. Ellison's pay is well below 1%.

I doubt that is "low" for a multi-billion-dollar public company, which is what the fuss is about. You don't get the same kind of leeway to pay yourself whatever you think is fair after you accumulate billion of dollars in stock value by taking your company public.

Come on, its Friday afternoon I am trolling for a rant, let's not bring logic in to this discussion. But yes it is less than 1%, you can't make a run at LeBron on only $77 mil per year.

Sure you can. If the damn Hawks are worth $400+M any team can afford Lebron's max contract.

$77mm and he can't find any Americans to sail his carbon fiber catamarans.

I think its a little different when the CEO is the guy who founded the company. He does what he wants.

Larry Ellison has created a shit ton of jobs in his career. Let him do whatever he wants so long as he pays taxes on it.

Larry Ellison has created a shit ton of jobs in his career. Let him do whatever he wants so long as he pays taxes on it.

He is outsourcing 86% of his workforce though.

I think its a little different when the CEO is the guy who founded the company. He does what he wants.

Eh, he kind of gives up that control when he brings in other owners and no longer has a majority share. Can't really blame the other shareholders for being upset that he's giving himself stock options, which can dilute their ownership.

That being said, it's their business, and their fight.

Also, I wish news stories would be a little more explicit about the breakout between earnings in cash vs stock options.

Back