• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

8 year old pepper sprayed by police in Denver, CO

yodeacsgo

Reaction score
http://www.rr.com/news/topic/articl...-spray_misbehaving_boy_8/full/?cmpid=RRWMHero

The mother of an 8-year-old boy pepper-sprayed by suburban Denver police as he threw a violent tantrum at his elementary school said Wednesday that she wishes authorities had chosen to talk him down instead.

Police in Lakewood say they pepper-sprayed 8-year-old Aidan Elliott twice Feb. 22 at Glennon Heights Elementary School after he refused to drop a piece of wooden wall trim that he was trying to stab them with.

"I wanted to make something sharp, like if they came out, 'cause i was so mad at them," the boy said on NBC's "Today" show. "I was going to try to whack them with it."

His mother, Mandy, said she wants police in Lakewood to get special training in dealing with children. She said her son has a history of behavioral problems and has responded to rationalization in previous outbursts.

"I don't think a child should get pepper sprayed," the woman said.

Asked on ABC's "Good Morning America" whether he meant it when he told police he wanted to kill them, the boy responded: "A little."

Police say pepper-spraying the boy was the safest option.

"I kind of deserved it," Aidan conceded to "Today."

The mother said her son was in a special program for children with behavioral problems. He has since transferred to another school.
--------------------------------------------------

Totally deserved it.

What happens when the kid has a gun instead. He most certainly deserved it. Maybe he'll think about the consequences before he goes that far next time. How funny would it be if the pepper spraying was followed by a spanking?

^ Agreed.

The kid was acting like a brat and deserved to get punished, it just happened to be pepper spray.

That must have gotten some laughs at the station.

Got what he deserved. If his mom would have beaten his ass a few times maybe some of the behavioral problems would stop.

At least now he knows not to fuck with the police.

I'd love to know how much time the mother spends disciplining the kid vs. whining about the cops and other authority figures forced to do her job for her.

but what if the pepper spray had peanut oil in it and little Shitbag McFuckstick was allergic?

WILL SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

think_of_the_children_186.jpg

Seriously, though, I'm nothing short of shocked there isn't a lawsuit pending.

What happens when the kid has a gun instead. He most certainly deserved it. Maybe he'll think about the consequences before he goes that far next time. How funny would it be if the pepper spraying was followed by a spanking?

When I was six or seven I got a hard lesson in hitting girls. I had watched some movie where a man slaps a woman. I hit my best friends older sister. She took her wire hair brush held me down and beat the shit out of me with it. my dad then came home and finished the job.

Did you hear a Mets fan ran on the field yesterday? And they didn't even taser him. WTF??

Ew. That's not the Philly that I know and love! Maybe they figured he was a Mets fan and his life sucked enough already?

um seriously it sounds like there is something wrong with the kid and appears to be special needs, I dont think the tough love you guys are advocating is very appropriate. If anything mishandling of incidents like this with kids with serious emotional issues lead them to become more violent and not less.

Ew. That's not the Philly that I know and love! Maybe they figured he was a Mets fan and his life sucked enough already?

I guess it's possible. We Philly fans are known for our compassion, afterall.

um seriously it sounds like there is something wrong with the kid and appears to be special needs, I dont think the tough love you guys are advocating is very appropriate. If anything mishandling of incidents like this with kids with serious emotional issues lead them to become more violent and not less.

You may be right on that but that's up to the parent to get proper help. The officer had a right to defend himself and a responsibility to disarm the kid regardless of the kid's handle on violence.

Back