• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

88 IRS Employee THUGS!!!

I am curious about the spending culture that has been alleged, because we deal with the IRS, and our current experience is they have very little budgetary discretion to do much of anything.

We just had to travel to their offices out of state for a meeting because of travel budget issues.

Another thing is IRS training money has been dramatically cut. That's crazy.

shit has to be vetted through DC. They won't find jack on those documents except for the things that miraculously make it a low level deal.

It must be hard to re-staff the IRS after every election.

I think the folks who wrote the second article need to learn about the different kind of tax exempt organizations. If those organizations were applying for (c)(3) status (as opposed to (c)(4), as has been the case with the tea party targeting), as the article indicates for the first group, there was nothing wrong with any of the questions that were asked. The second group was complaining that it was asked about protest plans and for copies of grants and contracts. Guess what - copies of grants and contracts are standard questions on the application form for ALL (c)(3)s, not any horrible targeted follow up. I get asked for those on every (c)(3) application I submit.

And as to the 1 guy complaining because his charitable contributions and medical expenses were examined, cry me a river. Where is small sample size deac when you need him? I gave to the Obama campaign in 2008 and 2012. I had my 2011 charitable contributions examined last year. Clearly, the IRS must also be targeting people who gave to the Obama campaign.

Nothing to see here. For real.

Last edited:
It must be hard to re-staff the IRS after every election.

Bush went 8 years without an IRS, right? Didn't he just pass around the collection plate? Corporate sponsorships? Operation Enduring Freedom sponsored by Haliburton.

Last edited:
Now anybody on the right gets audited, and it will be in some right-wing blog.

You mean like how the NAACP, Greenpeace and Sierra Club were all audited in 2004?

Back