• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

90s Christian Rock

No love for the late 80's / early 90's Christian rock? Petra, Stryper, White Heart, Degarmo & Key, Mylon LeFevre & Broken Heart, Rick Cua, Phil Keaggy, etc.

Middle school Tim loved this stuff. I haven’t listened to Christian music in at least 15 years and don’t believe in the majority of what they’re singing about, but I pulled out some old cds this week for old times sake. DC Talk and Newsboys haven’t aged well (surprised by the former, not the latter). Jars of Clay, Audio adrenaline, and third day still hold up pretty well. Did anyone else listen to this back in the day or is this just a cool story Hansel?

I definitely had CDs or was at least familiar with all of those. Super big into youth group and different church stuff through high school (Great Escape and Fun in the Son...any other PCUSAers?!)

Haven’t listened to any in a long time but now kind of want to for nostalgias sake even though I’m no longer really religious.

Lots of great #tbt bands mentioned here. Stephen Curtis Chapman “Divin’ In” was a solid jam back in the day.

Saw Jars of Clay at Dixie Classic Fair in 2004 or 2005... good times. Anyone else from the boards there?

How about christian metal and hard rock? Underoath, As I Lay Dying (queue the hit man jokes), August Burns Red, Demon Hunter, The Devil Wears Prada, Norma Jean, Haste the Day, Oh Sleeper etc..

I hate Christian rock, but I love these two albums that i've come to learn are Christian.

Project 86 - Drawing Black Lines
Thrice - Vhissue

Back