• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

99.9 The Fan Joe Ovies and Joe Giglio "The OG" Abruptly Canceled

morrison2951

Reaction score
3-6:30 local Raleigh time slot for 3 years.

Happened to be listening yesterday afternoon and all seemed well. Later that evening found out that they were canceled and terminated. Cost saving?

We'll see who they bring in for the promised still local broadcast, but just a single host.

Never gave Wake alot of coverage. Mostly wolpfack coverage for that matter. They were 2 state grads.

It's ESPN radio and Disney announced they were cutting ESPN personalities, but not the big names.

Locally owned station, Capital Broadcasting. ESPN shouldn't have anything to do with it, unless Capital was trying to hide the layoff in the ESPN news. Lots of changes in the last 3 years in Raleigh broadcasting, and not much of it positive.

Yeah they did a great job for the community and were plugged in, interactive, generally fun folks.

I can't imagine their fan base is going to just jump right in to any random replacement for the afternoon spot. This seems like a terrible move without knowing if anything happened behind the scenes.

Don't know what he's up to now, but I always enjoyed Steve Logan on the radio; clearly a football guy, but well-versed in all sports plus music, food and wine. I don't take any of these talking-head shows too seriously and Logan doesn't take himself or the sports/media/biz complex too seriously either, so again for me was a good fit to pass time driving from Point A to B.

I saw this a bit ago. This is an absolutely atrocious move by The Fan. It was all I listened to on there even though Wake wasn’t a huge topic. They did do good ACC coverage. The rest of the time on 99.9 it’s national people screaming about some NFL or NBA team I don’t give a shit about.

Don't know what he's up to now, but I always enjoyed Steve Logan on the radio; clearly a football guy, but well-versed in all sports plus music, food and wine. I don't take any of these talking-head shows too seriously and Logan doesn't take himself or the sports/media/biz complex too seriously either, so again for me was a good fit to pass time driving from Point A to B.
He was great.

Really annoying news without a clear reason. They were great.

They could actually be pretty entertaining on ACCN. ACC PM is too long given that Packer just carries the show. Split up the afternoon and give them an hour.

I find them to be generally horrible. Giglio knows sports but Ovies is more into music, geeky tech, etc. The amount of actual sports talk was miniscule. Their stupid contests ate up way too much time that could have been devoted to actual sports talk.

I find them to be generally horrible. Giglio knows sports but Ovies is more into music, geeky tech, etc. The amount of actual sports talk was miniscule. Their stupid contests ate up way too much time that could have been devoted to actual sports talk.
They were on for 3 hours a day, largely focusing on ACC and triangle sports. There aren’t 3 hours worth of solely sports things to discuss everyday on the radio when that is your focus.

I wish they would have gotten rid of Adam Gold. He's a pompous windbag.

He’s still around? Wow.

I disagree. There is plenty to talk about and when you factor in commercials, traffic, weather, etc. it is not as long as you think.

Caught some of the 12-3 time slot yesterday while driving and it was the exact same format except with 2 new guys?? Chris Lea from local WRAL TV sports and the producer of the old OG show.

Go figure. Hmmm....

Back