• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

.._. .._ _._. _._ _... _... ._ _. _.. _

Underrated

Reaction score
On October 26 someone broke into my car and stole a checkbook. They went to my local bank branch and cashed a forged check for 350. The person did not write a date on the check and they also misspelled their own name. The person soon returned and attempted to cash a second check for $550. The bank called me and I was there in 5 minutes. Two police officers were there and in a stroke of luck they caught the forger and recovered the $350. The branch manager and myself and the officers spoke for awhile and they started a case file. Branch Manager repeatedly assured me that the bank would reimburse my account. The police kept the money as "evidence" but returned my checkbook. The branch manager told the police that the bank would reimburse me so they said they would give the money back to the bank after the trial. Yesterday December 14 I was informed the the fraud dept at the bank denied the claim. On the police report it list two victims (myself and the bank) That check did not clear until midnight. The bank let a knowingly fraudulent check clear. Whatsayyou experts?

Last edited:
The branch manager said the lady was sleeping on the sidewalk when they got to work that morning, waiting to cash the forged check. He has been very nice and says he is shocked the bank won't pay. He repeatably has said they should not have cashed the check.

photo17_zps3054e6d5.jpg

I'm not a lawyer or a bank expert but that's bullshit. I would immediately move my accounts elsewhere and bitch up a storm to the bank's CEO. Find his email address and threaten to share the story on social media outlets. I would also call his office until the matter is resolved.

Also, what rationale does the bank have for keeping the $350? It was your money to begin with, they illegally transferred it to someone and then that money was finally transferred back to the bank. The bank is making $350 on their fuck-up.

Last edited:
Most states have a Banking and Securities regulation division. They will usually have some way to report complaints. You can go that route and copy the branch manager and bank president on your report to the state regulators.

I may be incorrect but I think the bank may have committed fraud by letting the check clear that they knew was fraudulent. I have of course severed my relationship with the bank. Left a message with their regulator.

I'll give you guys a little hint to which bank this is............. our football field is named after them!

Got the money back from thee police so I'm only out eight dollars(the check cashing fee) It was a hassle. I'm done with BB&T although I would like to publicize their assholishness. Should I set up a FB page?? BB&T is a bank in decline.

At least with debit/credit fraud, they can only charge you $50 but you've got 12 months to bring a claim.

Sorry for the bad experience. Sounds like the bank manager didn't handle the situation right. If you get to the right people (by moving it up the chain) the check cashing fee will most likely be refunded...ask for customer service or the city exec. Customer service is usually a BB&T hallmark. I am a little put out by the change in this thread title as BB&T is a major sponsor of our sports, winston salem, and many alumi who are employed there.

I'm a little put off by BB&T, they had a fiduciary duty to me. A person on drugs who is asleep on the sidewalk when employees arrive to work and misspells their own name and doesn't put a date on the check....I mean really. I purchased 7 homes through BB&T over the years, they made a lot of money off me. I couldn't give a fucking shit if you are put off by the thread title change.

Back