• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Coach To Keep An Eye On?

GardenStateDeac is entirely correct. In fact, Shaka's alma mater, Kenyon College, competes in the same athletic conference as Brad Stevens' alma mater, DePauw.

Can believe RJ has the audacity to post on this thread, unfortunately. He supported [Redacted]'s x's and o's BS when he was hired, Moon for that matter and others as well. Meanwhile, anyone who thinks logically knew it was destined to fail. Keep keepin' it real RJ.

Last edited:
I have a tag? Awesome

I have such a man crush on Stevens and Smart, Jesus.

Can believe RJ has the audacity to post on this thread, unfortunately. He supported [Redacted]'s x's and o's BS when he was hired, Moon for that matter and others as well. Meanwhile, anyone who thinks logically knew it was destined to fail. Keep keepin' it real RJ.

Of course you neglect to mention the criteria I set before the 2011-12 season which I have kept.

The new league has 10 of the 12 teams set:

The Seven BE schools
Butler
Dayton
Xavier

St. Louis is extremely likely. St. Joe's brings Philly and is a lifelong rival of Nova and long term rival of X.

Temple may be out because they want to play D1 football. Duquesne brings Western PA, is a natural rival and is Catholic.

The VA schools are a fall back. They aren't near the top of the list.

ESPN is report Creighton is the likely 3rd school to join Butler and Xavier. They also are reporting that this is moving faster than expected due to FOX sports with a hope of starting play next season.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...name-new-league-next-season-according-sources

This has implications for the ACC as well because it might get ND in for the 2014 season instead of waiting til 2015.

Maybe the 'new' Big East will put such a hurting on the A-10 that Shaka would be interested in moving up to the ACC. Assuming of course that VCU gets left behind.

Back