• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A college degree is a lousy investment

Pretty soon you will be telling us about the greatness of Tim Tebow and how Billy Napier cant recruit nobody. Do they send you jorts upon acceptance or do they make you buy them yourself at the bookstore?

Hahaha. Growing up in South Florida I received an acceptance letter from UF even though I do not remember ever applying there. There was not a chance in hell I was going to attend as an undergraduate. However, they are just about the only university that has a completely online graduate program in my field. Perhaps watching Tebow a few times play minor league baseball in Columbia, SC was a sign that it was always meant to be...

Hahaha. Growing up in South Florida I received an acceptance letter from UF even though I do not remember ever applying there. There was not a chance in hell I was going to attend as an undergraduate. However, they are just about the only university that has a completely online graduate program in my field. Perhaps watching Tebow a few times play minor league baseball in Columbia, SC was a sign that it was always meant to be...

Gainesville is a great college football town.

rafi will defend

Let's do this!

I looked at the list. Only comments I've got are: 1) lots of Ivies and top liberal arts colleges, 2) the range of "all in" prices on that list is tight - $73,700 to $77,339, and 3) the picture for Landmark College seems like it could be the basis for a few episodes of Tucker Carlson.

lol i googled "most expensive colleges and what students actually pay" and this was link number three: https://www.veridianprep.com/blog/the-most-expensive-colleges-2021

That's an odd article. They think Wake Forest U is in the Research Triangle and they frame the discussion from the business side of the colleges - framing high payments as successes.

If you're looking for an institution in the Research Triangle where students graduate with marketable skills and don't need poor and working people to repay their loans for them, I give you: http://carolinatruckingacademy.com/

There's gonna be a lot of whining and moaning from a lot of dickheads on both sides of the aisle, but the leaked loan forgiveness plan is going to help a lot of people, myself very much included, get through some tough economic times.

If you're looking for an institution in the Research Triangle where students graduate with marketable skills and don't need poor and working people to repay their loans for them, I give you: http://carolinatruckingacademy.com/

I assume you have already signed your children up for coursework there, because if you wouldn’t want it for your kids it’d be hypocritical for you to want it for other people’s kids.

There's gonna be a lot of whining and moaning from a lot of dickheads on both sides of the aisle, but the leaked loan forgiveness plan is going to help a lot of people, myself very much included, get through some tough economic times.

Isn't there an income limit?

I assume you have already signed your children up for coursework there, because if you wouldn’t want it for your kids it’d be hypocritical for you to want it for other people’s kids.

Somebody doesn't know his boards history.

Nice of you to take a break from Mark Robinson’s book tour. You pumped to lynch some gays with him?

Nice of you to take a break from Mark Robinson’s book tour. You pumped to lynch some gays with him?

It's always funny watching you guys fail. I have to give it to you, you're very good at deflecting with make-believe. Practice makes perfect.

They won’t lynch some gays just like they won’t ban books or force teenage rape victims to give birth or attempt overturn an election.

Well, this is a terrible policy and y'all are going to rightly get clowned for it. When you inevitably lose power, remember the real reasons why. It's dumb shit like this echo chamber crap whipsawing to bite you. Everyone else knows it. Y'all might as well too.

Back