• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A college degree is a lousy investment

LOL. Now you’re just being ridiculous. I still have student loans. Do you want me to send you a check for what I owe?

Just send it to whom you owe, in full. Like you said you were going to when you signed for the loan.

it doesn't upset me at all. commenting that i'd like someone to forgive some of my debt is not complaining.

Now imagine that instead of the government receiving the $10,000 they were supposed to, they just tell me and you to send them an extra $10,000. The government isn't going to contract because they didn't receive these money owed. And, money that goes into a domestic federal program goes into our broader economy.

These people borrowed the money under the pretense that they would pay it back, to you and me. You can be pissed at government spending on any number of things -- the military, welfare, highway building, whatever . . . and still be pissed about a program that forgives loans and turns them into grants.

In the month you signed the Inflation Reduction Act. LOL. Dummies.

Just send it to whom you owe, in full. Like you said you were going to when you signed for the loan.

I'd already paid for it in full plus substantial interest. But I still owe more.

Now pretend someone is going to pay you $10,000 that they owe you and they don't.

No. Take the boot out of your mouth and stop cosplaying as a debt collector. It’s not your money to concern yourself with and it never was.

The overlap between economic conservatives and former hall monitors has to be pretty extreme. It’s like the department of education lost their wallet and you fucking nerds are determined to return it to them. She (Dept. of Ed) ain’t gonna fuck you, bro.

Last edited:
It’s people to love to get one over on the government who are pissed that the government decided that $10K would be better in the hands of Americans who make under $125K.

The overlap between economic conservatives and former hall monitors has to be pretty extreme. It’s like the department of education lost their wallet and you fucking nerds are determined to return it to them.

Way better off to game the system like those rich folks do while the middle and upper middle class save tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars to send their kids to college with minimal or no debt.

Isn't that the game you're advocating for ?

Signing a loan means the lender can choose to forgive it or not.

Was that part of the program when the loan was signed ? I don't think it was. Maybe Fannie and Freddie would like to start forgiving some of the loans they back to.

do you think the loan forgiveness program will be a political loss for Biden?

I really do. It's just a bad policy all around. Of course it will temporarily help some people (and hurt/anger others), but ultimately it's not going to fix the structural problems. It will make them worse.

Back