• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Confederacy of Dunces

Never heard of this. What is the book about?

You should definitely read it. It is a brilliant book.

It is about -- uhh -- New Orleans? A contemplative medievalist? I have no idea what it is about.

This book has been attempted to brought to production many times and the actors always die: Belushi, Candy, Farley. I'd be careful if I was Zach.

Galifinakis would be a good fit, I'm excited

"We hear the script will be fashioned by Cedar Rapids screenwriter Phil Johnston..." Well, this does not bode well in my opinion. I thought Cedar Rapids was a flaming turd pile.

I acknowledge that everyone has different tastes in movies, but Cedar Rapids was incredibly painful for me.

Am I the only one that thinks Galifinakis will be terrible for this? Is he just gonna play it like all of his characters, slightly effeminate/half-stupid? I guess it almost works for Ignatius, but that character has some very specific stuff that I think might be outside ZG's wheelhouse.

I am kind of with you townie, I think IJR is a tough character for anyone to play and you'd like to see someone with more acting chops try to take on the role. Hopefully Galifinakis takes it seriously and doesn't just do his normal ZG shtick. A younger Philip Seymour Hoffman seems like the best fit I can think of.

My choice would have been a younger Oliver Pratt.

Will Ferrell was considered at one time for the lead role (with Drew Barrymore as Myrna Mynx).

I am kind of with you townie, I think IJR is a tough character for anyone to play and you'd like to see someone with more acting chops try to take on the role. Hopefully Galifinakis takes it seriously and doesn't just do his normal ZG shtick. A younger Philip Seymour Hoffman seems like the best fit I can think of.

Yeah, the PSH of ten years ago would have been perfect.

Back