• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Great Deacon Passed Away this Weekend

Scoop1985

Reaction score
Sadly, Mark Kent, class of 1985, died suddenly of a heart attack on Sunday. Mark was a great friend to almost everyone. "Rooch" was an Alpha Sig at Wake. Mark was CEO of Kentwool. He "rocked the socks". He was the fifth generation to lead that business. He was an active Deacon Club member and season ticket holder to both Football and Basketball. He is succeeded by his wife, Kim, sons Tom and Henry, and daughters Anne and Amelia. Keep the Kent family in your prayers. He will be laid to rest on Thursday afternoon in Greenville, SC. RIP, my friend. I miss you terribly already.

Sadly, Mark Kent, class of 1985, died suddenly of a heart attack on Sunday. Mark was a great friend to almost everyone. "Rooch" was an Alpha Sig at Wake. Mark was CEO of Kentwool. He "rocked the socks". He was the fifth generation to lead that business. He was an active Deacon Club member and season ticket holder to both Football and Basketball. He is succeeded by his wife, Kim, sons Tom and Henry, and daughters Anne and Amelia. Keep the Kent family in your prayers. He will be laid to rest on Thursday afternoon in Greenville, SC. RIP, my friend. I miss you terribly already.

Sorry for the loss of your friend and a great Deacon. RIP.

Have not heard of him, but certainly familiar with Kentwool.

RIP

RIP to your friend.

On a related note, I don't think there's anything more tasteless on the boards than tags mocking the situation. I wonder if when your mom/dad/son/daughter dies, you'll appreciate the "yet buzz lives" tags... and mocking the OP's user name while his post is about a death of a friend. Utterly tasteless.

He was very prominent in the community here in Greenville. Prayers to family and friends.

Back