• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Haunted Chat Thread: So Many Cities in #Decline

Status
Not open for further replies.
it does, and i don't think that it is a sustainable long term business model. Yeah it works some times... but most of the time that's not really how it's run
Our economic system is set up so that long term sustainability doesn’t matter!! Investors get their returns, founders cash out, consumers and customers get shitty product

Everyone who made the shitty business model moves on to the next shitty company

Windy do you believe in “Effective Altruism”?

I bought tickets for wild kratts live at DPAC and fucking Ticketmaster charged an $8 fee for EACH ticket. You telling me their costs for processing 4 tickets is 4x what it costs to process 1 ticket?

I bought tickets for wild kratts live at DPAC and fucking Ticketmaster charged an $8 fee for EACH ticket. You telling me their costs for processing 4 tickets is 4x what it costs to process 1 ticket?
What the fuck even is “processing”?

A corporation licensed a digital ticketing system that randomly produces numbers and barcodes, and rather than that being ya know, the cost of business for a company that sells tickets, they charge you an extra fee for the literal service they exist to provide.

the 3 Christmas Jam tix I bought today that started this conversation are $80 face value, have a $15.75 Service Fee per and a $3 facility fee per ticket. there's a $6.42 Order Processing Fee that I guess covers the whole order.

don't forget the fee fee that's the fee that covers the processing of all the fees

Our economic system is set up so that long term sustainability doesn’t matter!! Investors get their returns, founders cash out, consumers and customers get shitty product

Everyone who made the shitty business model moves on to the next shitty company
Don't buy the shitty products. Shitty products won't stay in market. Buy the good products.

A corporation licensed a digital ticketing system that randomly produces numbers and barcodes, and rather than that being ya know, the cost of business for a company that sells tickets, they charge you an extra fee for the literal service they exist to provide.
love when they call it a convenience fee. guess it beats the old days of camping out at the box office or buying from your local Sam Goody's or wherever.

you say "enshittification" i say capitalism
My personal definition of neoliberalism is believing that there are no structural problems of either capitalism or democracy that couldn’t be fixed with regulations

It’s why, for me, as things get shinier and shittier, and conservatives get more authoritarian and scarier, liberals are more feckless to respond, because they don’t believe the problems are institutional in nature, they think they can just be smoothed down with good politics.

Charging an extra fee for a service implies that you don’t explicitly need that service, but how the fuck would they produce your ticket if they didn’t “process it”. It makes no goddamn sense.

Don't buy the shitty products. Shitty products won't stay in market. Buy the good products.
the product I am buying is the right to go see a concert, the software I need to give money to that gets me in the door sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back