• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Look Back at the Iona Disaster

RW Spin would be something like this: "Yes and see why we are so excited to have Jeff? He took this group which was taken down early in the season by Iona and by February had them beating Miami. We're in a great place, we're excited about the future, and he's done everything we've asked of him."

Pretty much.

Then what about the tailspin in March where it seems the team got away from him, Mr. Wellman?

If only a reporter would have the stones to say that to him.

The Maryland game was supposedly one of the better games of our season. I think Wellman said that during his press tour.

Of course it was actually one of the worst coaching performances I have ever seen, and a complete indictment of [Redacted]'s skill and/or integrity as game coach, but then I actually watched the entire game instead of just the first half.

Yes, Wellman is on record saying that the Maryland game in the ACC tourney was one of the better played games by us all season. So damn incompetent.

I was at he Notre Dame game already depressed and then I heard this score. I thought that day was rock bottom...little did I know.

You guys are over reacting to the Iona game, that was a tough experienced team that went to the tournament and our guys were young and thrown off my going to the tropics. Look for a strong bounce back when we go to the bahamas and face off with Kansas!!!!! LOL

My Dad was over and we were watching the beat down at Notre Dame and I said, "let's find the hoops game on the computer, that has to be going better than this." WRONG, the game vs. Iona made the football against ND look competitive.

McKie is going to LOCK DOWN that Wiggins kid.

LOL.

You guys are over reacting to the Iona game, that was a tough experienced team that went to the tournament and our guys were young and thrown off my going to the tropics. Look for a strong bounce back when we go to the bahamas and face off with Kansas!!!!! LOL

I was at ND so never had the pleasure of seeing this. I just stopped watching at 0-0 at the 19:46 mark after we forced that first turnover and things looked promising...I think I'll fool myself into making that my memory of the game.

fuck...... fuck fuck fuck fuck.... Never watched the game since i was at ND.... turned it off after the machine gun timeout at 5-0

LOL @ 41-5 at one point.

Any legitimate AD would have fired this asshole of a coach at halftime.

What a joke of a program.

LOL @ 41-5 at one point.

Any legitimate AD would have fired this asshole of a coach at halftime.

What a joke of a program.

sad thing is you could be talking about the Iona or Notre Dame game. Did we even score 5 points against Notre Dame?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

sad thing is you could be talking about the Iona or Notre Dame game. Did we even score 5 points against Notre Dame?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

At least ND played in the national championship game. They were an elite team.

Iona didn't even finish in the kenpom top 100.

Just remember we were getting manhandled in South Bend at about the same time. A great day to be a Deac.

Not a good day to be a Deac. We were checking out the scores in the stands in South Bend and giving them out. People thought we were BSing them till they also started coming from different directions. I think the first one I saw was about 31-3 and most fainted when they found out that was true.

Not a good day to be a Deac. We were checking out the scores in the stands in South Bend and giving them out. People thought we were BSing them till they also started coming from different directions. I think the first one I saw was about 31-3 and most fainted when they found out that was true.

Wonder if I was sitting near you. Ugh a painful day all around

Back