• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Non-Alarmist View of the Mueller Russia Indictment

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Please be properly prepared:

51OYOb5%2Bx6L._SY355_.jpg

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/b...the-mueller-russia-indictment/article/2649445

Given all of the nonsense you post, I'm sure many are hesitant to click your links, but this one isn't terrible. He's right that these indictments didn't tell us much that we didn't already know. It seems to me that their point was to establish a couple of facts that a minority of crazies in our country (unfortunately including our president at times) have expressed uncertainty toward or outright denied. Namely, that the Russian government attempted to interfere with our election to benefit Trump. This should no longer in question, we have the receipts. We don't know the extent of their intervention, and there's no indication that this is the only evidence we have, just that this was information that the investigation was comfortable making public in great detail. It also makes no comment on how effective we believe their interventions were, and I doubt we'll ever know that for sure (though those that argue it had zero impact are essentially arguing that advertising doesn't work).

So with that in mind, the takeaway from these particular indictments for me is not what the Trump team has done in the past to coordinate with Russia (as the investigation is clearly looking into this separately), it's what are they doing about it now. With concrete evidence and nearly unanimous support from Congress, why won't they implement sanctions? What are they doing to prevent issues with elections going forward?

Given all of the nonsense you post, I'm sure many are hesitant to click your links, but this one isn't terrible. He's right that these indictments didn't tell us much that we didn't already know. It seems to me that their point was to establish a couple of facts that a minority of crazies in our country (unfortunately including our president at times) have expressed uncertainty toward or outright denied. Namely, that the Russian government attempted to interfere with our election to benefit Trump. This should no longer in question, we have the receipts. We don't know the extent of their intervention, and there's no indication that this is the only evidence we have, just that this was information that the investigation was comfortable making public in great detail. It also makes no comment on how effective we believe their interventions were, and I doubt we'll ever know that for sure (though those that argue it had zero impact are essentially arguing that advertising doesn't work).

So with that in mind, the takeaway from these particular indictments for me is not what the Trump team has done in the past to coordinate with Russia (as the investigation is clearly looking into this separately), it's what are they doing about it now. With concrete evidence and nearly unanimous support from Congress, why won't they implement sanctions? What are they doing to prevent issues with elections going forward?

no evidence that the russkies were trying to get trump elected

Back