• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A President's Credibility - Wall St. Journal

People supported Sanders and Trump because they hate Hillary. Otherwise there wouldn't be as much symmetry.

People supported Sanders and Trump because they hate Hillary. Otherwise there wouldn't be as much symmetry.

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day from Mississippi. He swears he didn't vote for Trump: "I wrote in Ted Cruz!". That raises its own questions, sure enough, but I honestly don't believe him. Then he started raising hypotheticals, as Trump supporters love to do, and he said I was crazy if I thought Bernie Sanders would be less of a disaster than Trump right now. I told him that I would picture his opinion of Sanders much like my opinion of Pence: He may be a radical conservative, but at least he has respect for himself and the office and isn't a ranting, moronic lunatic...just a composed, quiet lunatic. Some say it's better to have the devil you know, Trump, than the devil you don't, Pence, but Trump's ego and lust for fame and power is an exceptionally dangerous thing to have in the white house. Pence would be radically conservative, but America and democracies have persevered through radical left or right presidents. Trump and Bannon are nut job nationalists the country can't afford.

All that to say, I think Trump's tendrils would reach the conservatives on 4th avenue the moment Bernie becomes a serious competitor. Anyone who voted for Trump saying they would have voted for Bernie over Trump is either a fool or a liar.

Last edited:
you might want think you want to drain a swamp but it turns out swamps actually have an important function in the ecosystem

Last edited:
When the religious right didn't hop off the train after the AH tape, there was no getting off the train.

https://newrepublic.com/article/140961/amazing-disgrace-donald-trump-hijacked-religious-right

In the end, conservative Christians backed Trump in record numbers. He won 81 per- cent of the white evangelical vote—a higher share than George W. Bush, John McCain, or Mitt Romney.

“The overwhelming support for Trump heralds the religious right coming full circle to embrace its roots in racism,” says Randall Balmer, a historian of American religion at Dartmouth College. “The breakthrough of the 2016 election lies in the fact that the religious right, in its support for a thrice-married, self-confessed sexual predator, finally dispensed with the fiction that it was concerned about abortion or ‘family values.’ ”

Last edited:
^^^

ouch! seems about right though.

Back