• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A question for Intellectual Property Attorneys

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
I know this is a crazy question. I'm 99.9999% certain I know this guys is nuts, but I'd appreciate more informed input:

"How do you get around the fact that while the works are published, they are NOT eligible for copyright protection. in order to qualify, the work must be fix. on paper, on film or audio recording. E-Books by definition are only available electronically and are therefore unfixed."

His premise is crazy isn't it?

Am I not correct that once you properly copyright material with the feds (or with the Europeans) it's covered regardless no matter the format in which it's distributed?

I know this is a crazy question. I'm 99.9999% certain I know this guys is nuts, but I'd appreciate more informed input:

"How do you get around the fact that while the works are published, they are NOT eligible for copyright protection. in order to qualify, the work must be fix. on paper, on film or audio recording. E-Books by definition are only available electronically and are therefore unfixed."

His premise is crazy isn't it?

Am I not correct that once you properly copyright material with the feds (or with the Europeans) it's covered regardless no matter the format in which it's distributed?

Copyright is not my specific area of expertise but, yes, I would say his premise is crazy.

Electronic content still exists in a physical medium somewhere.

Thanks everyone. the guy was driving me crazy...yes that's possible.

Back