• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A question for Techies RE:terrorism

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Whether it's this site or others, everyone has gone to a site that has been hacked.

Can't western countries create a team of hackers to attack every jihadi website and also put out misinformation about the groups and the leaders on changing websites and social media?

Can hackers get into the so-called black net and commit acts against the radicals there as well?

It seems kind of silly not to attack them and make them use great resources just combating this every day.

Can't this be done on a wide scale?

Rather than actively hacking and making it known to the jihadi groups, we're probably just in their systems monitoring everything. You don't want to show your hand. But I'm sure we have hack squads.

you mean like the US Cyber Command?

Seal_of_the_United_States_Cyber_Command.png

I'm not saying tell them. but if they were interrupted, the data changed, redirected, etc., it would make things more difficult for them to get data out. If enough misinformation was put out, it could also make them look terrible.

I don't want to google "isis photos" but pretend I photoshopped a few shaking hands with Jeff [Redacted].

"You're a better suicide bomber than Ryan Kelly"

If we really wanted to bring them down, couldn't we just get Comcast to be their ISP?

Back