• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Real Discussion...hopefully

Is there anybody on our team with good fundamentals now?

I really don't like to hear our former players trashed in this matter. All our recruits play AAU ball. Besides this pov has been discussed here daily why do you think you are offering a new perspective?

Truthfully, it is going to be hard to win a lot with this team as Bz had to clean out the junk & riff raff left over by the Dino-Skip era of AAU style basketball. We had a few thugs and malcontents that are now gone.

This team will have to mold into a team that passes, shoots and plays good defense. Basic stuff to get us back to the style that Odom played when we had Randolph-Tim or Rodney-Randolph-Trelonnie or Tacy played when we had Rod-Skip-Frank or Rudd-Young-Muggsey-Green.

We haven't played with good fundamentals for quite a few years now & must . The Dinger has commented many times on the air since 2006 about our lack of basketball IQ on the floor. Can't have that and must get back to basics which we are.

I agree with you and Bill George.

As doofus says, TC gets called out EVERY game by idiots who don't get the game and pick on his play.

and then there is the doofus who told us he would be amazing and just yesterday said he isn't very good.

I don't think Reff, Bill George, and 65 have watched college basketball since the 80s. "AAU style" players win national championships. Odom coached teams did not.

Wake Forest University has the capacity to recruit talented players.

As for the goal of this thread, I've posted this a few times. This needs to be our lineup.

PG: Fields
SG: CJ
SF: Chase
PF: McKie
C: Carson

Sure Fields has his problems, but I think he's going to get more production out of CJ, Chase, and McKie than TC at PG.

Bench:

SG: TC (when Fields goes out, CJ slides to PG and TC focuses on driving to the lane)
PF/C: Nikita/Green (fills in about 20 minutes left at PF/C)

I like AF at the point, maybe Ty can take over in the middle.

I think we've got to ride Carson there because he's our future at C whether we like it or not. Same with Fields, actually. If CMM doesn't successfully make the transition to a college PG, then we have Fields with a year of experience. If he does, then Fields will have that experience and should be a decent backup PG.

Good thing none of our current players or recruits play AAU!!!!

I like AF at the point, maybe Ty can take over in the middle.

Carson is the better fit for this offense, but Ty is going to play better defense. One will be better against some teams than the other.

Biggest key imho is to get both Nikita and TC to not take as many shots. I'm not as hard on TC as most, but he absolutely needs to kick it out more often when he drives in and should not take a three ever.

I don't think Reff, Bill George, and 65 have watched college basketball since the 80s. "AAU style" players win national championships.

We probably just need to play more NBA Elite and Madden to get up to speed with college basketball and football......

Back