• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A successful season

We hang on and beat Clemson and we're playing in another conference ch'ship game -- yeah, I think you'd have to say it's a successful year.

So let's beat Vandy and finish strong and get a bowl other than Shreveport.

Good job guys.

Already looking forward to next year.
(Yeah, I know, we have two more this season)

Agreed.

Obviously wish a couple more games had gone our way, but my expectations were dramatically exceeded. Excited about next year for sure.

So far so good, although still too many might-have-beens for my taste. Let's evaluate the season at the end. We'll get a better perspective that way.

The might have been games go both ways though. Duke, State, FSU all could have been different in the end.

Deacfreak07 said:
DeacLaw05 wrote: Following up a 1-7 year in the ACC with a 5-3 year is a pretty damn nice turnaround.

Yes. How many years have we won 5 or more conference games?

See my post above. Fourth time ever. 3 of which have been with Grobe as coach.

Agree, I had us at 3 maybe 4 wins looking at our schedule preseason....Great job guys! Go DEACS!

The official ACC standings have us 2nd in our division. Good season.

The official ACC standings have us 2nd in our division. Good season.

Tons of reasons we know this was a good season. I can think of at least two just from the quoted material above.

The might have been games go both ways though. Duke, State, FSU all could have been different in the end.

Had a two possession lead going into half time against both Duke and NC State.

Yep this season was a definite success. Great coaching, good effort from the players and a bowl game at the end of the year to top it all off!

Yep this season was a definite success. Great coaching, good effort from the players and a bowl game at the end of the year to top it all off!

You were setting in my row yesterday yelling obscenities at half time about how Grobe sucked.

Good season, and a promising season next year as well with Price/Givens/Camp/Harris etc. Certainly outshot my expectations after last year.

Good season, should've been better, could've been great. Content overall.

Back