• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Aaron Curry Hired As Grad Assistant at UNC Charlotte

Did not know Woodlief and Arnoux were there too. Good luck to them as well.

As the number of Deac assistant coaches at Charlotte approaches infinity, the number of fucks I give about Charlotte football remains at zero.

Can we start calling them Charlotte School of Football?

"While in Oakland, he spent his time on the physically-unable-to-perform list coaching then-rookie linebackers Kevin Burnett and Miles Burris. While doing so, Curry dug into the details of the playbook more than ever, absorbing nuances that had either eluded him or been avoided. Lightning struck when he saw his newfound knowledge play out through Burnett and Burris."

This part doesn't sound flattering. It seems to support the idea that Curry's NFL problems were between the ears and he was not putting in the study he should have been.

They ask me why I stopped playing outside of my injury, why I would coach instead of play. I always tell them I found more joy in seeing these young men be successful and grow than I did running around, tackling people

I believe you Aaron.....

Might have been nice to arrive at that epiphany before you got taken high in the first round. Maybe you can teach your students that lesson. Not to mention reminding them that what they're doing you find to be largely insignificant, just running around tackling people.

Back