• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ABC’s American Crime

TARDAWG

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Are many of you watching this? I kept seeing the commercials when watching Modern Family and Blackish and it really looked good, and it is for the most part. I have only seen the the first two episodes of season 2 ( Why and how does TWC decide which to post on Demand? There have been four played and only 2 posted to watch, how can a viewer catch up?) but the character Terri is the most offensive person I have ever run across that is not offending people in a comical way. In just the first two episodes she has offended: geeks, sluts, whites, poor blacks, the school system, the police system, team play, and in my mind the bond of marriage. I am sure the creators did on purpose but I am not sure a bitch has ever been created on this level on a standard network show in the history of T.V.

Amazing how shows these days create a plot and script so quickly after a national instance has been made to the public. Season two is about a boy being raped by members of a basketball team. Was this show taped before the recent national outcry?

Anyone watch season One?

I watched e1 and have the rest recorded. It was okay. There is a nonzero chance I quit before watching e2 tho.

We have stuck with it. It's pretty heavy handed but not awful. And it's also really dark. I really didn't think ABC would have something that showed the stuff this show has.

bmoney,
funny that you bumped this thread because I actually watch a couple episodes last night. The mother that I mentioned in the earlier post who basically tried to offend every group has toned down, but what this show quickly became is an example of homosexuality in society. How families handle it, how friends handle it, and how an institution handles it. Throw in a little of the plot of date rape, and it’s not a bad show.

I feel like the Hispanic protesting of the black principal doesn't really fit in with the show. It doesn't get enough air time to really dive into and it doesn't connect enough with the main storyline to feel like they are united. Just feels siloed.

I watched the first season, which was also dark. I wondered how they were going to do a second season, but they went down a completely different road, using many of the same actors.

The black principal was one of the main characters in the first season, so it wouldn't surprise me if his part is building to something bigger.

Back